Steinberg CC121

Ok. I fixed it. This is the correct script of original MarcoE’s - with one modification: in the default EQ mode (page 1) - the order of knobs are the same as in Cubase EQ, so from up - Gain, Frequency, Q Factor. :smiley:
Steinberg_CC121.zip (3.9 KB)

2 Likes

Fantastic, Guys!
thanx-a-lot!

thank you @Starnaf, Good idea to swap it and it seems many people want to have it that way.
Don’t worry, I added a version with GFQ (swapped G/Q) to the main post.

1 Like

Great idea. Thanks!

To use this API script, do I have to uninstall the Steinberg driver? Also, am I still able to program the function buttons?

It works in parallel to the standard CC121 implementation. No need to uninstall anything. It just “reimplements” the EQ section of the CC121. You’re still able to configure the function buttons in the Studio Settings. Just import the script and it will show the CC121 automatically in the MIDI Remote section. If you’re not happy with it, just remove it within the MIDI Remote Manager and you’re back to the default. You can’t “destroy” your setup.
See also here: Is it possibile to change CC 121 from Track Quick Controls to focus Quick Controls? - #11 by MarcoE

1 Like

the order of controls in EQ mode - this always pissed me off in CC121 <

Big time!!!

It’s mindblowingly stupid that the software doesn’t match up with the hardware. I was in contact with support about that once and the reply was that ”it wasn’t a problem”. :roll_eyes:

Yeah, for them maybe. :see_no_evil:

Hey Marco, thanks for the great work. Would it be possible to get a version just with Q and G swapped and the rest in default mode?

Hoi Beat, I checked that one. I certainly can do that for you. However you would lose the Send Function on the current G Knops as I can’t track the CC121 internal state (being in the Send Mode). I would overwrite those knobs with the Q functions. If you don’t need to the [ALL BYPASS] knob, I could add a 2nd page with the sends instead.

Hoi Marco :slight_smile: that would be great! I don’t really need the send-function much.
Best, Beat

Steinberg_CC121 - v1.4 - GFQ+Sends only.midiremote (4.3 KB)
Here find the Midi Remote Script for the CC121 with swapped Q/G knobs and the Sends page only.

How to use:
You can toggle between the EQ and Sends functionality with the [ALL BYPASS] button. The current active page is visualized via the function buttons illumination:
[1] = EQ page
[2] = Sends page

EQ page:
Press the [EQ TYPE] button to change the type of the EQ via the G knobs. This acts as a toggle button and is illuminated in the EQ Type mode.

Sends page:
Press the [EQ TYPE] button to toggle between Sends 1-4 and Sends 5-8. The [EQ TYPE] button is illuminated for the Sends 5-8.
I assigned the Q knobs (top row) to the Send Volumes only. The EQ on/off buttons toggle the On/Off states of the Sends (like in the EQ mode).
I did not assign the F and Q knobs for the Send 1-8. You can assign any function manually via the Midi Remote Editor according to your wishes (e.g. Cue Sends vol/pan).

All other core functions of the CC121 remain untouched and are not changed by this script.

Enjoy!

p.s.: This took longer than expected. It was quite a challenge to synchronize the equalizer on/off buttons with the user interface. The subpage functionality is not helpful here…

Hi thank you very much for the script.
I notice that the zoom functionality tends to be a bit “unstable” - at certain positions of the knobs for both horizontal and vertical zoom, the zoom jumps back and force between two settings several times a second. You have to turn the knob one additional step to fix this. Is this only me noticing this?

The last script you posted has v1.4, while the linked scripts in the first post have v1.1 - are there any updates / fixes you did?
And what about publishing the script on Steinbergs Github page? (GitHub - steinbergmedia/midiremote-userscripts: A place for user created MIDI Remote API scripts)

your welcome.
Yes, the zoom function is “unstable”. I see the exact same issue on my system. This came in with Cubase 12.0.30 or .40 update. I couldn’t find a workaround yet. I will check it with Cubase 13 again.

v1.2: I removed the automated activation of the pre filter sections when changing the frequency of the Hi/Low pass filters.
v1.3: I removed the pre coded QC section to allow the customization of these controls.
v1.4: I just reduced it to the EQ und Send page. However this is more of a fork then an update

Good hint: I will upload it to GitHub. The GitHub page wasn’t available when I published it here. I was probably the first user publishing a Remote Script and yes it must go there.

I will probably also add a flag to enable/disable the 3rd page to toggle fast between the EQ section and a customized page incl, the zooming.
And a flag to swap the Q/G knobs.

1 Like

The zooming works great for me in Cubase 13. Very smooth.

Can someone pls remind me how to setup it correctly?
It worked before but after I’ve added Stream Deck Cubase script, everything went off.
Tnx
Kobi

1 Like

I am very interested in getting these two great units ‘playing nicely’ without conflicts too.

I remember there being some sort of known issue with multiple custom midi profiles (or similar) in Cubase not being able to run simultaneously without conflicts. (I also have the Microsoft Surface Dial and ‘Elephant’) but would settle for getting Stream Deck + CC121 working…

I am almost ready to reconnect my little studio since moving house. Has anyone got suggestions/a solution please?

I don’t have a Stream Deck…does the CC121 not run in general or just with this CC121 script? I would probably create a new topic about Stream Deck + CC121.

Hey
What do I need to do in order to control the plugins?
I remember it was on the last page (no. 3)
but it doesn’t work for me anymore
Tnx
K

Hi K,

Page 3 of the script isn’t preconfigured to allow individual assignments. I guess you need to relearn your commands/actions like e.g the quick controls.
What could you do with page 3?

Cheers
Marco

Hi,
I also have trouble with the script now.
It worked before, but since some time (I guess the latest update on cubase) the switching between the “pages” with the function buttons (“1, 2, 3, 4”) does not work any more.
Looks like it is stuck on the page with the last save when it worked - on some projects it is on “1”, on others, it is on page “2”.
The other functionality seems to be fine.

Any ideas?
In general: do you have some place where you put the latest version of the script? I think I do not have the latest version installed, but not sure…

best regards,
Frank