steinberg midex 3 - 8 lives on ! WOW

im in shock
i can’t believe steinberg have actually released new drivers on the latest OS for the midex 3 and 8

very very impressed steiny
now i can update to win7 …deep hearted thanks from me

freq !

Cheers, happy owner over here in Drenthe, Holland :0)

gald to hear it bud , im here to spread the good news . there is no point of the announcement sitting there in the steinberg discontinued hardware without letting people know :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m sure Steinberg once wrote that there would never be another driver written for the Midex…

Just goes to show the old saying, never say never still holds.

your right split , i had a conversation just after this new site started with a member and it was confirmed there would be no driver releases ever …so why now ???

im just happy that it now allows me to update to win7 as ive have the midex since 2001 and didn’t want to loose them like everyone else so i held off upgrading , it is strange why all these years later steinberg have done it but im certainly grateful !

john

Yeah, it’s a strange one!!!

Pressure from Yamaha? a Coder with a useless Midex box at home and some spare time? A new softer more caring Steinberg??!!?? The software rights lapsing?

Who knows, but anyway it’s got to be a good thing :smiley:

Has anyone tried em yet?

Ok let’s not exxagerate.

I wish there could be blowed some live into the Virtual Guitarist EE, these instruments still haven’t seen any real competition. The idea behind this VTI is simply great and killed by AVID/Digidesign when they took over Wizoo.

I guess that steinberg could implement something similar and have the old VG2 customers see some of their investments back by upgrading to a product which has similarities.

Unbelievable…they said this was never going to happen…
Steinberg’s loss though…barn doors and bolted horses.
I went and bought another interface sometime back…

I don’t care why. I’m just over the moon they did!!

:open_mouth: OMFG! I’m in shock. Lost for words…really. :open_mouth:

Having just purchased a new Mac last week, I was about to put my aged Midex 8 to bed and buy something to replace it.

I’m so so glad there’s a driver for Lion now.

I’m still a little nervous however. Will it actually work correctly? I’ll have to give it a whirl.

Pretty amazing news though. Thanks to whoever has done this cool cool thing. :slight_smile:

I just picked up a brand new Midex 8 for €65,- go me :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

nice one dude ,
ive just bought another 2 for £100 so thats the total of 4 now so loads of analog being used :smiling_imp: :laughing: :wink:

What do you need 832 MIDI channels for? :confused: :open_mouth:

I don’t even know what a Midex is but saw it in the news email this morning under the quaint heading “Discontinued products’ wee revival”. It could easily have been missed by people who are interested.

Seems very kind of those individuals.

quite a lot of my equipment is 16 parts multitimbral and its also good to have a spare floating around …plus im just dam right greedy ! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
ive been on the limit with the 2 i have for a long while and now my other half has just crumbled in a heap on the floor as she knows that means more goodies to buy ! :astonished:

You have to love outboard midi !

+1, they look rather good too :mrgreen:

Ha ha! The whole street will go dim when you fire up to write! Love it. My drummer has about 10 4 foot racks crammed with gear, about half of it is midi stuff, he can turn off the heat in the winter, the gear keeps the room toasty! :laughing:

You’re right there, I might buy one just for the hell of it, even though I don’t need one (no outboard MIDI) :wink: .

Mauri :stuck_out_tongue: .

Ooooohh! Sexy!

:sunglasses: :laughing: