Steinberg Product Activation FAQ

Hi and welcome,

Most probably this is not an Activation Code, this is Download Access Code. Create MySteinberg account and use the Download Access Code there to get an Activation Code, please.

Dears,

I got Cubase LE Elements AI with the purchase of a Yamaha Mixer (MG10XU). It worked perfectly (E-Licenser, Activation Code and so on). A couple of days ago, I ran Steinberg Download Assistant and downloaded updates. From Cubase LE Elements AI 10 to Cubase LE Elements AI 10.5.12. But now, the new installed software (the old version is still installed) is asking for a valid license and to begin a license activation. Even in this case of software updates should I request a Software reactivation? No hardware has ever been changed in my notebook. Only normal Windows updates. What should I do? Thanks in advance. Best regards, Jorge.

10 version to 10.5 is paid update, so you need to purchase and get new activation code.
Tip:(some times steinberg have discount coupons in the user area in ā€œmy steinberg accountā€ for those lower cubase versions maybe check there)

Hi and welcome,

You might be interested in the Free update to latest Cubase AI Cubase LE version for all registered users.

nice find,its new from february 2020 i see, i paid 10$ for Ai update,could save for lollipop if i knew !))

Iā€™ve been using Cubase LE 5 for YEARS and I have it registered on My Steinberg but I never received the email for the Cubase LE upgrade (or I may have but deleted it mistaking it for spam). Does anyone think it would it be possible for them to email me the upgrade activation code? If not i wonā€™t bother emailing them.

Hi and welcome,

Get in contact with your local Steinberg support. Provide them your MySteinberg username, they will send you the upgrade Activation Code.

Hi

I have am trying to register my Steinberg cubase le I have installed the program and entered the serial code at installation but when I get to the page where I put my personal details and then do a few clicks till register now the progress stalls until a popup shows saying it cant enter my details and fails to register is there no other way to register this product surely my serial code at installation should be the register.

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Are you talking about Registration or Activation, please?

You can skip the registration, if it doesnā€™t work, thatā€™s not such a big deal.

Hi to be honest I am not sureā€¦

I have a redish orange card. Steinberg Cubase LE - Software Authorization and Support.
Please use the Serial Code listed below and follow the instructions during software installation process

The serial code is 10 digits I enter the number in and the program installs upto the point when I am then promted to register the software I click on register and the setup hangs for about a minute or so and onscreen message informs me that it is unable to register at this time when i click on register later program just shutdown.

Hope that gives the information that you need to help me.

Regards

Liam

Hi to be honest I am not sureā€¦

I have a redish orange card. Steinberg Cubase LE - Software Authorization and Support.
Please use the Serial Code listed below and follow the instructions during software installation process

The serial code is 10 digits I enter the number in and the program installs upto the point when I am then promted to register the software I click on register and the setup hangs for about a minute or so and onscreen message informs me that it is unable to register at this time when i click on register later program just shutdown.

Hope that gives the information that you need to help me.

Regards

Liam

Hi,

Activation Code (which fits to the eLCC application) is not 10 digits and it always starts with 0240. So this is not an Activation Code. Create a MySteinberg account and register your software there to get an Activation Code, please.

So when I setup cubebase le why is there a section to input serial number which i haveā€¦ surely if I have a valid serial number which is 10 digits, then the software should be registered.

When I click on register button the software continues to setup but just before the process is complete I then get an online registration popup and fill in the same details and after 4 minutes or so waiting i get a message cannot write informationā€¦ when I click exit another message appears stating that it could not find Steinberg Registration.pdfā€¦ which I might add is on the Setup CD but not where it should be in the installed files. I cancel that registration and exit setup.

The software loads up but my keyboard is not in the list of known keyboards even though the drivers for the keyboard are installed. My final questions, why is it not that I cant register my software on the steinberg website under my products and is this software fully usable as it has excepted thr serial number.

Thanks in advanceā€¦

Hi,

This seems to be quite old Cubase. I donā€™t remember this screen.

Use your Serial Number in your MYSteinberg account, please. You will get your Activation Code there. Then enter the Activation Code in the eLCC application to activate your Cubase license, please.

You might be interested in the Free update to latest Cubase AI Cubase LE version for all registered users.

I would be interested but until I can get this software to register which it is not doing online I am stuck with an outdated peice off software even though I have a valid serial code but cant register so catch 69 cant register software so cant download the free upgrade

Thanks again anyway

Hi,

You donā€™t have to register it, you need to activate it.

Have you used the Serial Number in your MySteinberg account? What was the result?

Yes and the result ā€œPlease Check Your Entryā€ ā€¦ so no joy thereā€¦

Hi,

Could you add the screenshot of the result, please? Please make sure the Serial Number is blurred (or not visible).

Hope this helps

Hi,

Does this work for you?