Steinberg Product Activation FAQ

Hi

No that did not work.

I did find some software named elc-installation-helper on the steinberg site and followed the instructions and finally retrievd a soft lisence and registered that at my steinberg but as you can see in the it has registered the elisence but it Currently, there is no valid Steinberg product license found on this eLicenser. so i still cant activate the software.

I have followed the instructions to the tee and no change. sterting to lose faith with this software but do appreciate all the help and patience from yourself.

Hi,

I sent you PM.

Im hving the same issue will you please help I have Dorico software ?

Hi and welcome,

Could you be more specific, please?

What have you done already? Can you see the Soft-eLicenser Number? Have you used your Download Access Code in the MYSteinberg account to get an Activation Code? Have you Entered the Activation Code in the eLCC application? Did you get any message?

I just bought Steinberg UR12 and got Cubase AI from it. When i try to activate license, it always told me communication problem occured while accessing the license server. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the newest download version, but no luck.

I have registered the product and even elicensce. Please help.

Hi and welcome,

Double check if an antivirus or a firewall doesn’t block the communication, please.

Hello!

The following is my problem. I want to use Cubase le 10 on a new laptop. I accidentally downloaded another program in the download assistant. I requested a new activation code. I got it too. Of course when I opened a program I got an error message that the license is not good.
I downloaded the appropriate Cubase Le 10. At that time, I could no longer request a new code. Because at the soft-license in the elicenser the old license is the same as the new one. Do I need to reinstall the operating system?
Or since my code can only be used for Cubase Le, can the program be run with the one already activated? When I start a program, I get the following:

“Some content could not be loaded. Either, licenses are missing, or trial licenses have expired:
Retrologue Presets
Allen Morgen Signature Drums
VST3 Presets For Flux
MPE Sounds Retrologue
MPE Sounds Padshop
Padshop Presets
Padshop 2 Presets
Retrologue Presets
Find out more on how to activate youre trial licenses permanently, or remove expired licenses.”

Maybe I just need to delete everything from the previous laptop?

Please help!

Thank You!
Geri

Hi and welcome,

Follow this Missing/expired trial licenses article, please.

Hi! I accidentally installed another software and entered my activation code and now I can’t use it anymore for the correct software. Can anyone guide me on what to do from here?

Hi and welcome,

The activation (license) and the actually installed Cubase are 2 independent things. You have activated your license already, so now you can just install the right Cubase version and you can start it (you don’t have to activate it gain).

So, I tried doing that and now there’s another error message that says “No valid license detected for padshop
please connect your elicenser and click “retry”. click ‘cancel’ to stop loading the plug-in. make sure to have an up-to-date version of the license control center”

So, I tried installing the up-to-date version of the elicense control center, and now it says “No valid license found. The program will quit now.”
And, there was an option for me to start license activation and i clicked on it and it said "Application ‘LCC2:exclusive’ has caused the following error:
The application can not be started. Close all other applications that use eLicensers and try again.
Options:

• Click to abort."

And finally there’s another message saying an “unhandled exception has occurred in your application. if you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.”
External component has thrown an exception"

Hi,

Recently there was an issue with some licenses. Please update to the very latest eLCC version and trigger Maintenance in the eLCC to make sure you have the latest License Database installed.

Then try it again, please.

Okay as you said, i installed the eLCC version once more, and triggered the maintenance. Once everything was done, i tried opening the cubase software, and this time it says “[software location] is either not designed to run on windows, or it contains an error. try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status OxcOOOO12f.”

I wanted to uninstall everything and reinstall to altogether, but i was afraid something would happen to my licenses. What should I do from here on?

The license I have is for the Cubase AI software, by the way

Hi,

Did you install eLCC as administrator?

Also make sure your Windows is up to date, please.

Yes my windows is up to date, and yes it is installed as administrator and i also ran it as an administrator.

Hi,

The error code points to missing Microsoft C++ Redistributable. But unfortunately I don’t know which one should be installed to make it working (it should be installed with the eLCC application by default).

Well…ok. So is there anything else I can do at this point? I have a project i need to be working on using this software, so I can’t just leave it like this.