Steinberg UR44C DspMixFx - No Device Found

Hello, folks! I’m new to the forum and own a Steinberg UR44C (NOTE: there is no “cc switch” in the back of this device, only a switch which allows me to use either USB or 12v power - please don’t roll your eyes if this is the same thing, lol). I use this with Cubase Pro 11 on a newly built Windows 10 Desktop with 32g of RAM (AMD). With all that being said:

I have opened dspMixFx and have consistently run across a blank interface along with the error message “no device found”. After researching the topic to absolute frustration, I decided to ask for some help. So um…HALP!?

Thanks ahead of time for your help!

Did you update the firmware?

I think the latest tools require also latest firmware. If you open the steinberg yamaha usb driver control panel can you see the interface recognised there?

1 Like

I’m having the same issue and I’ve found 0 help on this topic. I found a forum thread from 2016 talking about it but nobody had a solution. I’m just gonna go to support. the forum hasn’t helped.

1 Like

Having the same issue on a MacBook Air M1 (silicon) - no information available so far…

Hello, misohoza! The Yamaha Control Panel recognizes it, yes! Also, thanks for taking the time to try to help!

1 Like

Also having the same issue, help please!

1 Like

UPDATE: I have fixed the problem! I’ll tell you what I ended up doing and you can see if it works for you!

Issue: (provided that you own a Steinberg UR-C series device)

You open dspMixfx UR-C and simply get a blank interface along with the note “no device found”

Solution:

1. First go to the “UR-C Updates and Downloads” page

2. You will download two things - 1) - The latest firmware for your device (in my case it was UR44c) and 2) the latest “Tools for UR-C”

3. Update the firmware for your device

4. Install “Tools for UR-C”

5. Boom - you have a brand new, working dspMixFx!

NOTE: If you have a shortcut to the old dspMixFx, delete it (it will never work)- there is a new dspMixFx on your system that has nothing to do with the old install. Find the new install and make a shortcut to that instead!

Thanks, misohoza, for the solid direction!

1 Like

@LibraClassic1 thanks for sharing the instructions but still n to working for me. Doesn’t actually allow me to update the firmware. Comes up with an error message saying ‘UR is not detected please reboot and check connection’ it is connected and working fine on my Mac! (other than the fact that I cannot get the DSP FX to work)

Really frustrating there are so many issues with this hardware and software integration. Doesn’t work well at all

6 Likes

I’ve been struggling with this too. It still says ‘UR is not detected please reboot and check connection’ after futile attempts. I’m working with ur22c on Mac BigSur 11.4.

2 Likes

Turns out the driver installation was never completed.
I found this on the support page (can’t post a link):

macOS: Audio interface not working properly / cannot be selected in DAW / missing in Audio MIDI Setup

Here’s what I did:

1. Install Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver V3.0.5
  2. Direct to system menu/ preference/ security and privacy/general tab
  3. Allow Yamaha Corporation
  4. Install Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver V3.0.5 again

I hope this helps.

5 Likes

Thank you SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!

1 Like

Thank you!! I currently use macOS Monterey version 12.1

I’ve actually solved this issue for the many people that found the provided solution is not enough on an M1 Macbook. The issue lies in the security policy set on Macs by default. To resolve the issue:

1. Once you’ve installed the Yamaha TOOLS for URC, open System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
  • Under the General tab, you’ll see a prompt to update the Security Policy in Recovery Mode.
  • Continue with this procedure.
  1. Shut down your Mac, then press and hold the power button until Startup Options appears.
  2. Follow the prompts to update your Security Policy. IMPORTANT: Choose Reduced Security.
  3. Restart your Mac after saving the changes and open System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
  4. There will be a prompt to Allow Steinberg to make changes. Select Allow.

After doing these steps, I was able to see my UR44C running in dspMixFx again and was even prompted to update the firmware on the device, which it ran successfully without coming up with that pesky “No device found” error message.

Hope this helps someone!

1 Like

Same for me!

So I’ve just picked up the UR44C and guess I’m a bit too late now as I see so many have trouble with getting this to work on Mac.
My Computer is a MacBook pro M2 .
Bought it a few days ago…
The DSPmixFx doesn’t work and I get a black blank window .
I’ve tried all of the above solutions and trust me… all of the above and still no luck.
Does anyone have a solution for this in 2023?
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Deej, same for me with a MacBook Pro M3 Max. Even after all suggested settings and following Steinberg’s advice how to install TOOLS it doesn’t show my UR-44C device in DspMixFx, so I can’t update the firmware too.
I tried in Rosetta as well, but no change.

Is there anybody who has a solution for this problem?

Thanks, Didi

Dear all,
Finally I could solve it after de-installing the already installed Yamaha Driver 3.1.6 and re-installed it. Now it works fine and it immediately updated my UR-44C to version 2.01.

Hi
I’ve installed and un-installed driver 3.1.6 about 3 times now. No errors during install etc.
Still no luck.
Very frustrating!!!
Anyone has any other suggestions ?
thank you very much

Hi
SOLUTION FOUND!!!
I had to install beta driver Version V4.0.3b ( I’m on MacOS 14.3) and it finaly works!!.
Upgraded firmware on my UR22C to ver.3 .
Here is the linke to the V4.0.3b download -
https://forums.steinberg.net/t/update-2-public-beta-for-yamaha-steinberg-usb-driver-for-macos/844064/2
Good luck everyone

1 Like