Steinberg ur44c firmware fail

Hi there.I tried to update firmware on my steinberg ur44c . It stopped and I got an error message saying connection usb error.
Now it’s bricked and just has red lights flashing. I tried uninstalling all software and drivers then fresh instal but nothing seems to work.
Any ideas how to fix this. It’s just over a year old.

Have you tried what was suggested in the topic: UR22C 2.0.0 Firmware Update Failed - #8 by Mario_S?

Hi steve.
I have tried this but still won’t solve the issue.
Thanks for the advice though. Much appreciated.

Couldn’t find any of the items Mario suggested to fix this problem.
My old UR44C died yesterday, and I picked up a new one today to use for tonight’s livestream. While setting it up, the firmware upgrade bricked it! I don’t suppose anyone will have a fix in the next two hours so I can do my livestream?

I should clarify: I loaded the updated in the utility, but could not find the PUSH or any other items that were suggested.
Is it possible that there have been some changes in the programs since the original instructions were made? I had initially installed the 64 bit utility version, then removed it and loaded the 32 bit version, but still couldn’t find the items that require editing.

I came across somewhere in the forum to try using a USB 2.0 port for updating. When I ran the software, it offered to do the update, and this time it worked! I’m now running trouble-free connected to a 3.0 port.

3 Likes