- I’m working in a Dolby Atmos production with Nuendo 12 on PC.
- My physical system is 7.1.4
- I have several UAD devices and many useful plugins, but stereo (and VST 2, since UAD is very late)
- I also have surround plugins that I use, but :
- I’d like to use my stereo UAD plugins in an Atmos context because of the DSP of the UAD devices, in order to relieve my processors.
How can I do this? UAD gives an example with LUNA (so Mac) and incredible detours that eat up a lot of objects unnecessarily. Using Nuendo’s routing editor, I try to place several instances of a plugin (let’s say the Oxford EQ) with different outputs, and there’s silence (as soon as there are two instances). I figure I could go through sends to stereo bus before coming back to a 7.1.2 (bed) or 7.1.4 (object) group, but, for a big project, that’s a lot of spaghetti.
Anyone have this experience?
N.B. I’ve just found this thread which touches closely on my question (but doesn’t answer it).
Multi-mono plugins on multichannel audio tracks - Nuendo - Steinberg Forums