Strange Elicenser/Fall Update Workaround

After the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update was forced on me last night because I wasn’t paying attention, I’ve been getting the eLicenser error message included below when trying to run C9, 8.5 and 4. After reinstalling both C9 and the eLicenser multiple times and moving the USB eLicenser to a new USB hole all to no avail, I tried starting C9 with the eLicenser still on screen. Lo and behold it ran and opened a project fine.

It is now late and I’m going to bed, but no crashes in the short time it was running. Any thoughts?

__

_Application ‘Cubase / Cubase Artist’ has caused the following error:

An important service has become unresponsive.

Please restart your computer to fix this problem.

Please visit <> www.eLicenser.net> > to download and install the latest version of the eLicenser Control software in case the problem persists.

Options:

• Click to abort._

Try to run elicenser as admin and run maintenance. Make sure you have the latest version.

Sorry, I should have been clear. I am running the eLicenser as admin and have run maintenance numerous times.

In elicenser do you have both usb and soft elicense?

Do you have licenses for any other software on elicenser?

I don’t have any licenses on the soft licenser, but I have two USB licensers. One has Cubase 9 plus a few steinberg demos, the other has multiple VSTs.

You might try deleting the soft elicenser completely if there are no licenses.

The only other causes I see for this issue seem to all be concerned with running multiple programmes at once on elicenser…do you have any third party app that is elicensed running before trying to open Cubase?