Stream Deck macro keypad

You guys are awesome!

Enjoy. This update is now live. You should get an e-mail or you can head right over to the web site, enter your e-mail address, and pick up the update.

Thanks to Leo again for the “lion’s” share of the work. Appropriate name.

Great! Thanks!

Thanks, Philip and Leo!

Pleasure! Marc, shall I send you over another marked up JSON?

That would be great! I 'll try and do the porting tomorrow

I’m going to work on porting to German right now - just one question: Is there a way to copy “pages” or single actions/buttons from one Stream Deck profile to another? It would be easier to keep the German “Dorico 2” profile and just add the “Dorico 3” changes to it, but I don’t see a trivial way to do that… I can’t open multiple instances to drag and drop from one to the other, for example.

You can copy and paste individual buttons or whole folders. Select in one profile, Ctrl/Cmd+C, switch to the other profile, Ctrl/Cmd+V. There isn’t a huge amount, but there are some new commands in the JSON, some of which can’t be added from within Dorico: I think it’s just the three Harmonics functions.

Excellent, that should make the whole thing a breeze. Thanks!

Thanks, Leo, Tim, and Marc! Yes, the way the Stream Deck desktop app is designed is that you can only have one instance open at a time; I assume it’s so that whatever you have on-screen mimics the deck at all times. But, it would be nice to have some sort of “developers mode”.

Mark, I use your french version of the Notation Express and it works like a charm. Thanks for sharing it !
Paz

I’ve just sent the updated German files to Philip :slight_smile: I hope I didn’t miss anything…

Dear Paz,
Thanks for the feedback! I’m in the middle of the job… Hopefully done tomorrow!

Excellent, thanks Marc and Tim. For everyone following, once Marc is finished, I’ll send a message to all Notation Express and XL users letting them know that updated Mac/French and Windows/German versions are available. I think I’ll make it a proper download through the NYC Music Services store (free for existing users) so that it’s always kept updated and anyone can access it the same way they access the official English version.

Philip, I just sent you the files! :slight_smile:
And now, it’s time to go to sleep!

These language variations are now all available through the Notation Express web site. Scroll down to the FAQs and the section on other languages.

Verification of a qualifying purchase of Notation Express (via entry of the e-mail address you used for your initial purchase) is required to download one of the language variations.

Thanks, Tim and Marc!

Vielen Dank für die Arbeit. Diese Nachricht würde am besten in eine deutsche Foren-Untergruppe von Dorico passen. Leider ist die Hamburger Firma Steinberg dazu nicht in der Lage :frowning:

Well, everyone, it seems imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. For any of you out there who like notation express but also still do work in finale: https://jetstreamfinale.com/

Sort of. We’re aware of it here at Notation Express HQ, and it’s with our blessing :wink:

Oh yes- I didn’t mean to disparage it. No doubt it will be as useful to finale users as Notation Express is for me in Dorico. More power to them, although I had to chuckle because the source of the inspiration was clear. (It also seems to lack a bit of the visual finesse of the Dorico version.)