Stream Deck macro keypad

Some nice tweaks to Notation Express in the update.

My hint of the day:
I’ve created task-specific single page Streamdeck profiles, such as ‘keyboard editing’ and ‘note input’. I’ve copied (or created) my most used shortcuts in each one. So the keyboard editing page has pedal, pedal retake, arpeggios up and down, slurs, gliss., cross-staff above and below, zoom in and out, 3-slash tremelo, and a couple of voice swap options.

It seems the touch portal could be an alternative. I have not tried it yet.

The 15-key version of Notation Express runs on iPhone via the Stream Deck mobile app:

It actually runs on iPad too but only in the 15-key configuration so the buttons are quite large.

As far as the larger version (XL) for iPad, well, we’ve got some things cooking…

Nice ideas! Thanks for sharing.

I actually went quite far down this road. There were roadblocks, though, and I suspended the effort. But, some other ideas are brewing.

Oh. I currently only use android devices…

If a laptop offers such a keypad on the left side of the trackpad and a Numpad on the right side of the trackpad, it would be really great!

This could be also cool:
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1038283/

Are you using this gooseneck holder with the Stream Deck XL? The measurement description looks like it may not be big enough for the XL?

Are there updates for the German version as well?

I still don’t understand why this app is subscription based. It connects from my iPhone to my computer using my WiFi. What are the makers offering after I buy the app?

They’re providing the platform on which Notation Express is built. If you buy a physical Stream Deck you get the use of that same platform on a permanent basis. If you don’t buy a physical Stream Deck then Elgato still expect to be paid for the use of their platform.

I nearly always keep an Xkey 25-key keyboard in my backpack for those kinds of things.

I have been busy (and still am), but I’ll try to get something done over the weekend :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Tim

the XL is the only one that’s “grounded” (its cover /stand is very nicely crafted, and I had just the space required available on the dashboard of the master keyboard) – with the holder linked above, it won’t fit/stay, but there are similar models that will do the job, you’ll have to read the spec closely when shopping. Problem is less the width/height than the depth of the XL.

I have just finished the update to the German version and sent it to Philip. Should be online soon :slight_smile:

If you notice any errors, let me know.

Cheers,
Tim

Thank you, Tim!

The German update is posted and registered users received an email. Thanks, Tim!

Tim and/or Marc: We have a German customer using Mac. He is interested in adapting the XL profile for his use. Would either of you be so kind as to just generally describe here your process for adapting Notation Express for your localization? Thanks! I’ve pointed him to this thread.

I finally got over board over and got the steam deck (15). The Dorico and Logic Pro X profile work very well so I am looking forward to see if I can integrate this in my workflow. How can I set it up to write music for me when I am stuck?