my name is Nico and I am one of the developers of the HALion Engine/HALion Sonic. I am currently trying to track down the hanging note issue that some of you are reporting.
After reading your posts and running a stress test for a few hours, I did indeed stumble upon one very rare issue were you could produce hanging notes with about ten distinct programs when you were playing very rapidly while switching programs at the same time. But this issue is clearly dependent on a few programs and would not happen with the GM Sounds. Judging from your posts, that was not the issue you seem to have.
There is also no chance, that this is an old bug that was carried over from HALion One as one of you was suggesting. The whole Midi Flow in the H4 engine has been completely written from scratch and as soon as we are able to reproduce your problems, it should not be too hard to get rid of them.
So please give me as much information as possible about your setup and the moment your note hangers occurd:
_- OS / HS Version / CPU?
- What Midi Keyboard are you using (Brand, Type)?
- What Midi Interface are you using (Brand, Type)?
- Does it happen with the UI Keyboard as well?
- Standalone or Plugin Mode??
- Buffer Size?
- Midi File Playback or Live playing?
- Which programs were you using when you were experiencing note hangers?
- Does it help to send “All Sound Off”?
- Does the UI Keyboard get stuck as well after a note hanger occured?
- Did you use the sustain or sustenuto pedal?
- If you have a midi file (or project) that reliably produces note hangers and that you could send to me, please notice me via PM._
Thanks for your help and cheers, Nico