Studio Live 3 not showing in Cubase 10.5..

When I try to set up Daw Control in Cubase 10.5 Studiolive is not showing up…I have tried resetting the Ethernet, downloading the latest drivers… The audio works fine and I can work with it, but I need Daw Control… I have set it up in UCNET as per instructions etc…
Any help very much appreciated…
Firmware is up to date Ver 2.2.0.16741…
Any help appreciated…
John

Hi,

As far as I know, they are using Mackie Control protocol. So add a Mackie Control to the Studio > Studio Setup > Remote Devices. Then assign the MIDI Input/Output.

Thanks Martin… The fact is that its the midi inputs and outputs that are not showing…

Hi,

Fromt this thread it seems, Cubase is not supported.

At the other hand Mackie Control works in Logic, according to this video. So I would be wondering if this wouldn’t work in Cubase.

Can you see any Studio Live 3 MIDI Port in Cubase.

No I can’t see studio Live in Cubase… The audio part works fine though…

Hi,

Is the driver installed properly? Can you see the MIDI driver on the system level?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Universal Control Drivers…
I got a copy of Studio One Artist with the desk and i installed it to see if it it works and yes, it does… Full Daw control…I also got the tech in our local computer repair shop to check out the Lan Port and he said it works fine…

That was not what was asked. Does the midi ports show up in windows.?

Not sure I understand “Can you see the MIDI driver on the system level”… Can you elaborate please…

Sorry Charlie, Presonus and Steinberg are not friends it seems

It did work on my on my old PC…Mackie Control with the faders and Pan but not the same support as for Pro Tools and Logic…

I Uploaded a.png file to show where Studiolive is missing.

Hi,

Cubase definitely doesn’t see the MIDI port at all It would be interesting to know more about the Windows system. Sorry I’m not a Windows guy. Can you see all MIDI Ports somewhere in Windows?

Thanks Martin for your reply… It is very annoying… And Presonus support is almost non existent…

The thing is that it works with Studio One Artist. The version I have came with the desk… I’ve been a Cubase user since 1993 on an Atari STE…have always been happy enough with it…So I have no intention Daws of changing at this time of my life…

Hi,

Can you confirm you can see the MIDI Ports in Studio One, please?

1. Open up StudioOne and check if Control Surface is working there as Cubase is NOT showing the midi port to the StudioLive. Check your WINDOWS device driver to see if your MIDI port is there as well in the DEVICE MANAGER area
  2. Double check Universal Control

Watch these as well:

Is your Ethernet configured as well?

Hi shanabit… Thanks for replying… I checked Studio One Artist and it works perfectly there… Full Daw control…
Just won’t show up in cubase…I am attaching a snapshot of the device manager…

You need to do a thread on presonus site and also do a MyPresonus ticket.