Studio pics!

Seriously not meant as a rebuke, sorry if it sounded that way. My only concern was that many with “bedroom” ,cellar or makeshift studios would feel self-conscious about posting pictures of their setups. Hopefully not.

Wow enjoyed finding this thread!!! This is where I drink wine and eat pizza,

A couple more photo

Oh wow, nice collection of keys!
Nice DAW setup too, cool place Kenny :sunglasses:

Thanks! It’s my home and Studio I also have Pearl E-Drums and 2 Leslie (122 and 45). I also have a few old synths like emulator 2 and Ensoniqs and old roland mods but they need some work and I just benched them. Maybe one day I will get that E2 working again, it’s still the best sounding instrument I ever owned. I went all VSTi for a couple of years but find that its just more fun to play the real keys.

I need a Vocal Booth & I have been using a bathroom for guitars didn’t want to put those photo up thou :blush:
Kenny

Show them! Those would the The Coolest Thing in this thread.

I would love to see a 2 x 12 cab balanced upon the crapper! :laughing:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch …

It’s not much, but I finally got my Pro 40 rack mounted. Picked up some IsoAcoustics stands for my KRK monitors, too. Little by little …

Looking good Scab, how is that preamp? It looks fancy :slight_smile:

Thanks, Strophoid. The pre is just a budget priced Studio Projects VTB-1. It’s great for a direct bass guitar input. The “tube blend” has been useful for “softening” the input to Amplitube, also. Still experimenting … :wink:

Hi!

It’s nice to see all the studios! So here’s mine, tight but comfortable (as long as I’m alone!).

Enjoy!

Exactly like you call it, tight but with a really nice atmosphere and some nice gear too!

I did some recent upgrades to my home studio and finally had a double paned window installed between the console and live room.

Very nice, wish I had 2 rooms and a window :slight_smile:

That looks like a single pane window ?!

It’s a double pane actually as recommended to me by an acoustical window manufacturer when I was quoted $1200.00 for their product and I said “No #@#$ way! Too expensive!” It was real nice of him to steer me in this direction while losing a sale. Double pane has an STC rating of 45 which is fine by me for a home studio.

Do you record other people? If not, a window is of dubious use, mainly because you can’t look at yourself anyway!

When I built our studio, I decided not to go for a window. The door was difficult enough.

We are doing YouTube videos of the recordings, so we have a HDMI feed from the camera as an input to the main monitor, which makes a window sort of redundant.

Unless you have a 2 way camera system, a window isn’t redundant. At best, it’s equivalent to having a one-way mirror. I record others and as well as by myself and even when alone, the window is incredibly useful for when I need to see my physical console, meters, preamps or the DAW screens for any reason. I’ve tried streaming video but realized it was an unnecessary resource draining my DAW and also unless it is a 2 way video system, it really isn’t as effective as a window. When tracking bass and drums live, 2 way visual contact between performers is really important. That means less mistakes and more productive sessions. Oh and lastly, the window looks cool! lol Just my 2 cents.

It’s horses for courses. I only said ‘dubious’ if not recording others, and it does not preclude scenarios for which a window can be useful, as you cite.

Windows are a reliable and low-tech form of visual communication. My general preference. They just might be unnecessary for those recording themselves. Like doors, they are difficult to build to match the isolation of studio walls, so they are best avoided if not needed.

Also, having no window allows FAR more positional flexibility in the layout of the studio and the mixing area.

Our studio has its own audio interface, we have no outboard gear or desks, and we have iC Pro. There is almost nothing to look at (that could be discerned through a window), so we, like many self-recorders with no hardware predilection, do not need a window.

Plus, since we are recording video, I included a couple of HDMI patch lines into the studio anyway. But they are only used for providing a monitor screen feed in, and an out for checking the video positioning, zoom and quality. Not really for general communication.

These are my studio cans

Ya digs ma rigs? :smiley: