Suddenly no license?

I have Cubase Pro 15. Normally runs like a dream, great performance and no issues. I usually run with no Internet connection, only going online for updates.

I ran the free version of Wavelab just out of interest and it went through a long plug in check. I found nothing of interest to me and closed it down. Next time I ran Cubase it reported no license and that I must go online to retrieve the license. Did that but no difference. At start up it just reports no licence and shuts down. I checked more info but nothing there really helps.

Any ideas?

There should be nothing more to it than to open the activation manager, sign in and go thru the process

Did you create a different Steinberg account with another email for the trial and need to login again with your original email?

Activation manager just says No licenses found, none activated, none in not activated.

When I go to My Steinberg it’s the same, no licenses, no products, no devices.

I’ve had cubase many years and gone through many upgrades. I’ve got absolute 7 and had 6 and 5, plus various add-on packs and libraries.

Everything is still installed, I checked the download assistant, it just thinks nothing is licensed.

This clearly sounds like you have used a different email address.

If I go into the Sign-in & Security tab on my Steinberg it shows the email and password I am using.

This is the same email I receive all my updates and receipts for stuff I buy from steinberg.

Everything has just worked for years, all updates, purchases, checking stuff downloading stuff. All with this email, I haven’t change anything.

This started after running wavelab and the program doing a long plug-in check. Nothing crashed, I just closed wavelab and then this happened when I tried to run cubase.

Maybe @Ben_at_Steinberg can help you here.

Have you tried logging out of the Steinberg Activation Manager (NOT the website) and logging back in?

Yes, several times.

Right.

Part of being an adult is admitting when one is wrong, and I was fully and spectacularly wrong! After trying everything again and again and being completely non-plussed I went through some notebooks I occasionally scribble in and found an email and password I was entirely ignorant of with “Steinberg” jotted in the margin. Entered the details, straight in, all licenses present.

I went out a few months ago to an old friends birthday and drank too much wine, I have vague recollections of coming home late, playing something back on the studio and having some issue. I thought it was to do with an expired plug in or something but I obviously got myself locked out of Cubase and entered new details. The password is bizarre and not something the sober me would ever have come up with!

Upshot is, my apologies for my insistence on being right and a big thank you to everybody’s suggestions. You were correct, I was mistaken and stubborn!

Enough said!
:clinking_beer_mugs: