Table of Contents formatting

Hi all,

I’m looking to make tables of contents for all players’ parts, using tokens. The tokens bit works perfectly (flownumber, flowname, and flownamepage or w/e). What I’d like to do is have the song names left aligned, page numbers right aligned, and a dotted or dashed line connecting the two. See pic attached.

It’s easy to have song names on the left and page numbers on the right by using two separate text frames but I can’t figure out a way to automatically populate the space in between with a dotted line. Obviously I could do it manually but it’d take ages!

1 Like

Yeah, manually is the only way right now. I also wish there was an easier way.

Oof.

This is almost a bump because I don’t want to clutter the forum with minor questions…

Is there a way to have tokens come out in ALL CAPS so I can have a nice “music by COMPOSER”?

I don’t believe they have an uppercase composer field right now.

BTW, if you don’t mind a solid line instead of a dotted line, it is possible to get what you wanted in the original post without having to manually enter a bunch of dots.

Would you mind to explain the way you do this?

I’m also interested but mainly out of curiosity.

Set the left and center tab stops like this:

(Note: that picture is what it will look like after you also do the following)

Type your text and tokens, with a tab between the flow number (manually typed text), the flow title token, and the flow first page token. Select the tab between the flow title token and the flow first page token and underline it:

1 Like

@ mducharme
Great solution and very usefull!
Thanks a lot for this :slight_smile: