Tempo in pool not set when recording in a loop

Hey there,
for each audio file in a project there is a “Tempo” information visible in the Pool.

If your project tempo is 130 and you record audio, the tempo in the pool always will be set to 130 for that audio.

click to see Screenshot

If there is a tempo change, there will be an average tempo calculated for that audio.

click to see Screenshot

However, when recording in a loop, the tempo in the pool will not be set (its “???”) and when activating “musical mode” for that audio, a random tempo will be set, which has nothing to do with the actual tempo it was recorded in.

click to see Screenshot

Now the random BPMs, will prevent you to use musical mode at all, as the audio file gets stretched immediately randomly after activating it.

I made also a video, where you can see the issue more clearly perhaps:

Steps to reproduce:

• Create a track and record audio on it
  • look in the Pool which tempo it has
  • record audio in a loop on that same track
  • tempo will be set to ???
  • if you click on “musical mode” a random tempo will be set

I am still puzzled by my pool files for loops where the tempo track changes its value inside loop ???
Strange beast.

1 Like

That might explain why some audio events behave so weirdly when activating musical mode even if they recorded in the project. I just recently had that exact problem where those events and was thinking “WTF?”, but didn’t correlate it to loop recording.

1 Like

Same here. I was recording a new song idea and thought, this could be 5bmp faster. So I selected all audio events and activated musical mode and the entire song was completely messed up. I thought WTF happened here?
Then I looked into the audio pool and it was full of ??? tempo values and weird tempos like “274,73”, even if there is only one project tempo through the entire song :face_with_spiral_eyes: