Wow. Shockingly sad. :cry:

RIP.

Man thatā€™s really depressing news :frowning:

My heartfelt condolences to his wife :frowning:

RIP brother

RIP sir.

a quiet voice of gentle knowledge is silent
we are diminished

Yes, somehow this news has affected me in a surprising way.
I did not know the man, but we shared a common interest, the forum.
Yes, it puts things in perspective.
If everyday we are reminded that we are mortal, that someday we will give back this loan to mother earth, we will live life much more responsibly.

This news is so sad, such a shock.

Martin and I were forum friends. He was unwavering in his support of my music,
and in turn I got involved in his own material, too, and I analogue tape processed
his Autoimmune album for him.

I knew he was a long-suffering victim of AI-related illness, but I had no idea his
condition was so perilous, even last month when we communicated and I mailed
him a copy of my own most recent album.

I know he signed on to this new forum, and I recall him introducing himself,
and even that (as we all know) was just last month!

He was a wonderful, knowledgeable engineer and musician and I will miss him.
Condolences to his wife and family.

RIP, Martin.

Jet

WHAT!?? Martinā€¦ no way!? :astonished: OMFā€™ing Godā€¦ canā€™t believe it! I knew heā€™d had some employment hasles but I had no idea he was unwell. Heck it seems like just the other week we were exchanging ideas in a threadā€¦ he was one of the regulars, decent and knowlegdable bloke - one I regularly liked to debate withā€¦ and now heā€™s gone? Cripes. This is so unreal. He did register here in this new forum didnā€™t he? As LQM?? This is allvery sudden and unexpected.

Gosh, I really donā€™t know what to sayā€¦ so sad. :frowning: I really feel for his family.
RIP Martinā€¦ you really were a great memer of this community and will be missed.

:frowning:

Auto-Immune which of course, now I think about it was the motivation behind his album. Iā€™d forgotten about that. :frowning:

Itā€™s shocking, looks like he was pretty young. RIP LQM.

I am deeply sorry to hear about this tragic lossā€¦ I had some connection with Martin through the forum, I purchased Autoimmune, there was a mutual respect for each other and we both lived and sometimes worked in the Toronto area, probably just miles apart. Sadly I never got to meet himā€¦ lesson learned again, we donā€™t know what weā€™ve got until its goneā€¦
Rest in Peace Martin.

I am hoping someone will compile all these condolences and pass them to his widow.

:frowning:

Aron thanks for sharing this with us.

Didnā€™t know him myselfā€¦but knew his nick and posts.

I have no doubt heā€™s somewhere where music flows from your mind as freely as your thoughts, and is always in perfect tuneā€¦we live on, this I know.

I had a high school friend with whoā€™s dad and I got along really wellā€¦a real affinity for each other.
Weā€™d always chatter on about things before my buddy and I would go off climbing.

But, with jobs and Uni, my friend and I didnā€™t see each other for yearsā€¦hadnā€™t even thought about his dad at all in that time.

Then, one day, out of the blue while totally engrossed in some work, I started thinking about him for no reasonā€¦and the memories made me smile.

3 days later I got a sad phone call from my friendā€¦
The day I was thinking about his dad happened to be the same day he died.

I canā€™t prove it, donā€™t even feel I have toā€¦but thereā€™s no doubt in my mind he stopped by for a quick visit while on the way to better things.

The journey continues.

QuBe.

R.I.P., Martin, and my condolences to his family. Iā€™m now so very glad I bought his CD ā€˜autoimmuneā€™ last year, he was very appreciative. Thank you, Iā€™m still enjoying your work :cry: :slight_smile: .

Mauri.

:cry: :cry:

Just found this thread: Post Links To Your Music Site HERE! - Steinberg Lounge - Steinberg Forums

If thatā€™s right, then Martin posted these links a couple of days before he passed on.

I have his AutoImmune album on my hard driveā€¦ but Iā€™m 100% sure I didnā€™t pay for it. I canā€™t remember what the circumstances behind that were, but I do recall he offered it to me for free. In any case Iā€™m glad I have it

I found this online condolences book you can leave a message on if you like:

http://wardfh.frontrunnerpro.com/runtime/473/runtime.php?SiteId=473&NavigatorId=214977&op=tributeCondolenceView&viewOpt=dpaneOnly&ItemId=616987&LinkId=272

Iā€™m sorry to report this, but the tragedy deepens. It appears Leedsā€™ mother also passed away a few days after Leeds while preparing for his funeral.

I guess sheā€™ll have someone to greet her on the ā€œother sideā€

Thanks Doug, I paid a visit.

OMG I am in shock. I never knew him very well, but I liked him very much based on what I did know about him from the forum. He was very knowledgeable and had a great personality on here.

This is so saddening. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Damn, this does make one reflect, and I feel I must thank all of you, and Steinberg for having and being a part this virtual community where we can share and make friends. It really makes you think about whoā€™s important to you.

take care allā€¦