Turn off left hand side of hub?

I object to being forced to view Steinbergs advertising in my start up menu. When I start Cubase I’d like to get to work thanks.

Ulesto’s suggestion, a few posts up, is the answer for Mac users. I’ve been doing that since the introduced this “feature” and it works a charm. I even made a hot key to launch the hub, so I don’t even have to click on a menu to open it. If you’re paranoid, just rename or compress the component if you feel the need to restore it.

Thank you. I am aware that removing the component will work or turning off the hub then using a key command to open the menu is a possibility. My point is that Steinberg has linked the two together intentionally. There should be an option to have only the right hand side show on start up. We’ve paid a lot of money for the programme not to have the HUB connect to the Steinberg website upon start up. Showing the info on the left hand side should be optional.

I’m 100% with you on that, James. The left hand web side is a complete waste of time (and space).

Hi,

It’s not just an advertisement there. You are informed, there is a new update for Cubase too, what might be an important info for you.

I could imagine the user can configure in his MySteinberg what to display in the Hub.

I wouldn’t say it’s a wasting of time and space. You don’t have to wait until it’s loaded. You can operate even while loading it. Most of the time I don’t see it, because it’s still loading. And space? You can’t do any other operations while Hub is open, so it doesn’t hide anything else.

Sorry Martin but that doesn’t wash. It’s a blatant self interest on the part of Steinberg to mix service with advertising. Please give us the option to turn it off.

Sorry, Martin, to me, it is not that much different than spam. In all the time it’s been in existence, it has never provided me with a single bit of useful bit of information. And certainly nothing I ever acted on. All I want to see is the recent projects list. For me, it is a waste of space. Doing the “componentectomy” solves the issue just fine.

I understand your point of view.

I just tested on both Mac and Windows.

If you disable Use Hub in the Preferences > General:

• Start Cubase => No Hub appears, now window appears. Just Cubase menu.
  • Open Hub from Hub menu => The whole Hub appears.
  • Click to New Project from the File menu => Only the right part of the Hub appears.

If you remove the component:

• No Hub appears in any case. Only the old system window appears.

Yes all of those procedures work but why should we jump through those hoops? I start Logic Pro…no advertising …straight to my projects. Cubase Pro isn’t Reaper or a discount introductory program. We all pay pretty damn good money for it whether we purchase at once or update over the years like I have. Please put a recommendation in to the top brass for this request. Thank you.

As previously mentioned, this is how it works now.

Also, a feature request suggesting preference options to disable a few features/services not needed by some users.

Regards :sunglasses:

Or you could just do this and stop faffing about.