[Tutorial] Cubase - export multiple Formats at once

Hi guys,

I wrote a small script to make the Postprocessing function in Cubase’s export dialog useful. Mainly for the reason that I was working on project were i needed to export MP3, WAV and OGG at the same time.

Here is a screenshot:
https://s22.postimg.org/pbdhiwddd/export.png

Thanks to DAWlabs for explaining the custom export scripts:

This tutorial is for MAC, but I am pretty sure you can modify it to make it work on Windows.

1. Download the attached ZIP file and close Cubase
  2. Download https://www.ffmpeg.org/
  3. Place the ffmpeg file in your Applications Folder (I put mine in a ffmpeg Folder)
  4. Copy the provided “Convert to 320kbits MP3” File in the same ffmpeg Folder
  5. Copy the ConvertTo320MP3.aepp to “MacintoshHD/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Audio Export Post Process Scripts”
  6. Copy the “mp3.png” in the same Folder

Start Cubase and Enjoy!

The file “Convert to 320kbits MP3” is a simple Automator App that you can edit easily to change the bitrate and format.

You can create as much Postprocessing entries as you like - but you always need an Automator App (Convert to 320kbits MP3) and a aepp file (ConvertTo320MP3.aepp) which you need to edit.

You will find lots of examples if you google them, but here are some important ones:

Convert to MP3 320

Applications/ffmpeg/ffmpeg -i "$f" -codec:a libmp3lame -b:a 320k "${f%.*}.mp3"

Convert to OGG 320

Applications/ffmpeg/ffmpeg -i "$f" -codec:a libvorbis -b:a 320k "${f%.*}.ogg"

Convert to AIF

Applications/ffmpeg/ffmpeg -i "$f" "${f%.*}.aif"

Convert to MP3 192 and OGG 192 and move the files into a subfolder

/Applications/ffmpeg/ffmpeg -i "$f" -c:a libmp3lame -b:a 192k "${f%.*}.mp3"  -codec:a libvorbis -b:a 192k "${f%.*}.ogg"
    DIRPATH=`dirname "$f"`;
    mkdir -p "$DIRPATH/mp3";
    mkdir -p "$DIRPATH/ogg";
    mv "${f%.*}.mp3" "$DIRPATH/mp3"
    mv "${f%.*}.ogg" "$DIRPATH/ogg"

It’s a bit of manual work, but if you need multi Export it’s really worth it. Plus you can just drop WAV or AIF Files on the Automator App to convert them outside of Cubase.
export.zip (1.54 MB)

Thank you. This is great!