Two questions about Cubase 6

Hi,
Q1.
In the trial, I only have 185 programs (135 GM patches plus 50 others) for Halion Sonic SE. The Cubase 6 information page says that Halion Sonic SE come with “hundreds” of programs. In Cubase 5, Halion ONE has 707 programs, which are supposed to all be included in Cubase 6 through Halion Sonic SE but I don’t see them (unless I open a project that ALREADY had one, then it is there). I know the trial is supposed to be fully functional but in the full version is there more content for HSSE? Is there more content available other than the HSO VST Sound Set that I already know about? I am confused.
Q2.
Cubase 6 touts much improved VST expression. The “VX” patches that are included appear to be the same as was available in C5 (about 14 total). I am unable to load many of them. I get a “some files are missing, check installaion” error and most times Cubase crashes at this point. I tried the Acoustic Bass VX, Electric Bass VX, Tenor Sax VX (all missing files then crash). The Electric Guitar VX worked. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I was really hoping for more articulate instruments but so far they look the same and most don’t even work. EDIT. I did get a couple to load, but the keyswitches (articulations) don’t do anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
J.L.

I found the answers to most of the questions here…

But, I still have unanswered questions. Could someone please reply.

In the trial, Halion Sonic SE has 185 programs. In the full version, NOT COUNTING the migrated HALion ONE patches, are there more than these 185 Halion Sonic SE native programs? Are there more “VX” patches than were available in HALion ONE in C5 or at least more articulations available in the “VX” patches. For example, the bass “VX” patches in C5 Halion ONE do not have a slide articulation.

Would really appreciate some information on this.
Sincerely,
J.L.

Hi,
In my standard C6 installation there are 1067 HALion Sonic SE patches, out of which 14 are marked “VX” and 33 are “NoteExp”. This is not including Instrument Track Presets. Can’t compare it to C5 as I don’t keep it installed.

Thanks for that information. Looks like the same VX patches but nice to know there are some that use the new Note Expression feature.
Sincerely,
J.L.