UI feature request - properties panel

Perhaps this has been requested before: Ideally, when working in the properties panel with items that allow text input (things like prefixes and suffixes), it would be efficient if one could click directly into the text input field and have that trigger the switch to turn the feature on. I find that the switches are sometimes a little hard to engage—they require quite precise placement of the pointer—and it would be nice to eliminate the number of situations in which those things have to be engaged.

Thanks,
Justin

3 Likes

Yes, it has ! :joy:

3 Likes

Yes. They require such precise placement of the pointer that I frequently have to have more than one go at it. And, surely, it would be possible to program things so that clicking on a specific property that you want to change also turns the blue dot on to show that the property is no longer the default. This last would eliminate at least one click, depending on one’s aim at the button.

David

My experience has greatly improved since v.4 — before, I had to click a little bit above the toggle, now the GUI works as it should…

I hadn’t noticed but you’re absolutely right. It’s much better and working as it should.

1 Like

I think it’s one of the benefits of the new Qt version.

I too have noticed an improvement recently, though it does still require a good deal more precision than similar situations in other apps. One thing I have liked about Finale is that radio buttons and checkboxes will activate when clicking anywhere within the text of the specific option. (That might just be the ONE thing I like about Finale) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You may be right, Marc. It’s probably all down to my poor aim! :smile:

One thing I like about Dorico is that there is a considerable leeway about where you alt-click when copying dynamics to another instrument. I think there is still space for enlarging the clickable area round the radio buttons in properties window.
David

More experience with the Properties Panel shows me that the amount of space now allowed for clicking around the radio buttons is adequate. I take back my previous request for more. :smiley:

David

1 Like