Unannounced and smaller new features in Cubase 11

No it’s the other way around, you used to have to relaunch Cubase for it to see the XTouch, not power cycle the XTouch.

Are you referring to Controller Lane Set Up?

That’s been in Cubase since at least C10, maybe before but I know C10 because that’s when I added the Metagrid buttons. If not, please enlighten me.

This was new to me in 11 but looking back I can see its been there for awhile. That’s a problem with these "unannounced’ features is that it is easy to not to notice them - apparently for years by some of us. Perhaps I should change the threads subject line, “…new features in Cubase 11 (and earlier)” :blush:

Now you can add the Metagrid buttons. I’m always discovering new little gems that aren’t really so new.

Even though this is new in C-11 and documented, for users of multiple mix consoles, when your project page is focused, press the KC for Mix console and it opens focused. Press once when its focused to delete it. Now if the mix console is open, and your project page is focused, press once to get mix console focus. Press a 2nd time to delete it.

The old way to get focus was press to vanish, press again to make it appear, then if you focus the project page and need focus on the mix console you have to do it over again.

I hope this makes sense.

Audio Connections dialog window has been reworked and now following the design of the main style.
Seems like only Audio Pool is looking like in SX 3 :wink:

Well… Pool and: all pop-up windows, Preferences, Score settings, Key commands, Browse project, Beat calculator, Drum Map Settup, CC Automation Setup, Import Audio CD… and more! Seems the transaction is being slow, no rush.

Doesn’t matter, for some of us we wouldn’t know of some of them if it weren’t for posts mentioning them. :wink:

Nope, they don’t even seem to acknowledge it exists…lol
We need to start a new thread in the issues describing the exact issues (Which was done in the previous versions thread), with links to all the previous threads and it needs some support.

Nope, they don’t even seem to acknowledge it exists…lol
We need to start a new thread in the issues describing the exact issues (Which was done in the previous versions thread), with links to all the previous threads and it needs some support.
[/quote]

:slight_smile:
Last year I asked Ableton why the grid lines are so hard to see and they said might be because of the theme I use and advised to try another theme and with 11 they added Grid opacity :laughing:
They mostly act like confused and nothing is wrong until they fix or implement it.

Indeed, I went now through various windows and I am kind of shocked that they keep so many old stuff. The “Studio > More Options > MMC Master Panel” as just one example directly brings you back to Cubase SX :open_mouth:
I mean, is there any other DAW on the market which has such inconsistent GUI design? Studio One? Logic? Reaper? Ableaton? Do they still carry bitmaps and fonts from the 10 years ago and mix it all with a modern DPI-aware gui? Really strange.

The Studio Setup window has been updated as well (and a couple of minor plugins that were remaining: Mixer Delay, Test Generator).
I hope the Pool window is next in turn to be updated, so it can be opened without wearing sunglasses :sunglasses:

It’s ongoing work. I takes a lot of time and resources to transform this entire 30-year old beast. I mean, if we want the updates to contain anything more than only window gui updates…

A new thing in plain sight, but maybe not observed anyway:

The Key Editor now have equal height for all keys in the grid. No more gaps between B/C and E/F.
Good for better visual recognition of chords (and also saves a bit vertical space).

As requested here: Annual Request: Equal height vertical spacing in Key Editor - Cubase - Steinberg Forums
Before: Steinberg Forums

Thanks for that!

Only took 3 years :slight_smile:

I hadn’t spotted that, but it’s a good change.

I’m positive that spacers were there in 10.5.12.

Yes they were