Updated Dorico Operation Manual PDF now available

We know that many of you have been waiting patiently for some updated documentation for Dorico, and we are pleased to be able to provide an interim update today. Due to some minor technical problems that we have not been able to resolve before everybody takes a well-earned break for Christmas, we cannot publish updated web help and a PDF on the steinberg.help site, but I will update this post when steinberg.help has been updated.

This Operation Manual is not yet complete: Play mode is not yet documented, some parts of Engrave mode are not yet documented, and we also plan to go back over Setup and Write modes, as well as provide some more introductory/tutorial material. However, this update does add hundreds of pages of documentation in the section we call ‘Notation Reference’, which details how you create, edit and work with all of the different notations within Dorico.

This updated documentation is available in PDF format and in English only. We anticipate that the remaining material will be complete early in 2018, at which point we will then produce updated, complete localised versions in German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, and Russian.

Dorico Operation Manual (22 December 2017)

If you have any feedback on the material in the Dorico Operation Manual, please feel free to send it to me (you can email me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de), and I will pass it on to our author, Lillie.

The web version of the English-language Dorico documentation has now been updated to match the PDF version linked to above. You can find it at the following URL:

https://steinberg.help/dorico/v1/en/