Upgrade to WL7 worth it?

I had a classic situation where I posted to this board about the file selection prompt in audio montage on OSX. When I wanted to add another file, the file section browser window would freeze, the ball would keep spinning and the drive directories would not refresh. It was super annoying and would be a deal breaker if I was demoing the program.

I wrote to the board about it. PG wrote that it must be my computer, and not the software. There was no other resources available to bug check.

Another user wrote to the board and found his own solution: the problem was that the various ‘looks’ available in display settings were not properly coded, such that if you selected ‘plastique’ or ‘clean’ it would create the issue described above. I followed the user’s advice and the problem was quickly solved.

My issue in June not resolved:

And this user-derived resolution:

All this to say that niche issues (how many users are on OSX deep into montage projects and using another display ‘look’) are sometime disregarded as user-specific problems, brushing aside the fact that the software is still (in my opinion) not fully bug-free at all at least on the OSX side! No doubt PG is working overtime on this program. But totally legitimate questions about Steinberg’s commitment to this program remain…