Upgrading to 12 pro from 11 pro but .

hello, I’m going to upgrade my cubase 11 and switch to 12 but I would like to know if I have to reinstall all the libs that go with it when I already have it? There is “verve” it seems to me that is new, something else? Thanks

Hi,

You don’t have to reinstall it, if you don’t want to use it. But… If you install it from Cubase 12, the content is not going to be doubled. So it takes only Cubase 12 amount of space at your hard drive.

The plug-ins have all been updated, but the sample content (except for new Verve library for Halion Sonic SE) is the same as Cubase Pro 11.

Hi,

The plug-ins were update because of the new licensing system.

1 Like

thank you for the answer, I installed the trial in the meantime then the cubase 12 tells me that the following instruments are missing:
loopmash
mystery
prologue
spector
can you tell me why?
thank you

These instruments are no longer included with Cubase, as they couldn’t be ported to Apple Silicone/M1.

If you’re on Windows, you can still copy these plug-ins from your Cubase Pro 11 installation and use them in Cubase 12. You can find instructions on how to do that on these forums. Of course, that’s not officially supported by Steinberg.

Hi,

… or Intel Mac. :wink:

1 Like

good, I test the cubase 12 while keeping the cubase 11. Suddenly, cubase 12 refuses to run correctly and freezes while cubase 11 runs without problem.
Can you tell me why?
Thanks
I attach dumps
Cubase 12.0.50.387 64bit 2022.11.7 19.50.12.687-freezedump.dmp (1.1 MB)
Cubase 12.0.50.387 64bit 2022.11.7 20.04.25.107-freezedump.dmp (1.1 MB)

Hi,

The crash is in the wdmaudio. Please download the latest driver of your Audio Device and install it, please.

What Audio Device do you use, please?

hello, i am using UR22mk2 and i have the yamaha usb driver 2.1.3

Hi,

Install the whole Yamaha/Steinberg TOOLS, please. And as you are on Windows, install it as administrator, please.

whole Yamaha/Steinberg TOOLS?? Can you tell me what it means and where can I find it?
that’s what i have

For the UR22mkII there is only the USB driver, no other tools. I have the same device here, together with USB Driver 2.1.3

1 Like

in fact what happens is that the cubase 12 starts correctly if I want to start an empty project but there is a project which I had opened several times in cubase 12 after its installation and everything worked. no longer opens and crashes cubase 12 while in cubase 11 I open the same project and I work with it without problem

maybe not relevant but:

1 Like

maybe there is a problem with the e-licenser? I unplugged all my midi’s and all the usb devices one by one and I found that after having unplugged usb e-license the cubase opened my project without difficulty

1 Like

Hi,

Do you have the latest eLCC installed, please?

yes I have

A post was split to a new topic: Problem of incompatibility cubase 12 and midi swissonic

Hi,

Regarding the original crash, try to switch to WinRT in Cubase 12, please. Maybe you have to unplug your MIDI device first.