UR22 cuts out intermittently

Working with Steinberg now. Apparently they’ve never run into this problem and are speaking with the developers.

Yes I do and Link Power Management is disabled.

Still have drop outs. :frowning:

Awesome! Please keep us posted. :slight_smile:

Yes Avryluy, do let us know of any developments!
Glad to hear you’re getting some positive response from Steinberg after your initial disappointment!

Nothing yet. I’ll post as soon as I hear back from them

Thanks man. I am eagerly awaiting a response…

I’m going to have a remote connection meeting with one of them tomorrow morning. They’ll be accessing my computer remotely to try and fix it. I’ll report back after that!

No luck as of yet. Developers and support I talked to still not sure of what’s wrong, because the driver is supposed to fix what I’m experiencing, and the intensity of dropouts changes between the software I’m using. Continuing to troubleshoot with them.

Fingers still crossed! I am so hoping for a good result…

Me too! If all else fails and nothing works, I’m going to try and get a refund. This device is less than a year old and being put through this and not given a working device is rather upsetting.

I propose that all posters in this thread should list our system specifications and see what we have in common. Maybe we can troubleshoot by finding what we ‘all’ have running the interface. OS, motherboard chipsets, whatever…

I realize I have a different UR interface but the exact same issue that most seem not to. In fact I have not heard yet of another UR824 user with this issue. It has to be either some conflict with hardware/software or a problem with the driver on certain systems. I doubt it is a failure of the interface itself as I swapped out mine and have the same issue. :frowning:

No update from Steinberg support yet.

I know, at least for myself, it’s an interface issue because I’m using an old Saffire6 USB as a backup and it runs fine, aside from a low output problem due to old age.

My setup:

Intel i5 (Haswell) 4690k @ 4.4GHz
ASROCK z97 Pro4 mobo
Corsair DDR3 1666 16GB RAM
NVidia 4GB GTX970
Windows 10 x64

Um…ASRock Z97 Extreme4 here as well…

Makes me wonder man.

My system worked perfectly with the system I had previously to this build. The main difference from that setup and the new one is really only the MOBO. Same processor, same OS.

Well, no added video card this time…

And for me, my backup A/I works with this mobo, in Win 7-10, and is only supported in Win7.

I’m really stumped as to what it could be. The frequency of drop outs varies between programs as well.

My system…
i7 5820K at stock.
AsRock X99 Extreme6
Crucial Ballistix 2400 32gb RAM
3x Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSDs
NVidia GTX 980ti
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

A bit concerned about this AsRock commonality. Before I built my PC I researched all components thoroughly and, for X99, AsRock seemed the most reliable and DAW friendly. So it’ll be really irritating to find if that’s what’s causing the problem here with my audio interface.
Just to make sure we have things in common: I get split second dropouts that occur without discernible pattern - sometimes a couple a minute, sometimes I won’t have one for half an hour. These occur even outside a DAW, even when just listening to a CD on media player, a track on Spotify, watching a video on Youtube, or playing a game. What’s very peculiar is that I get no red bars in DPC Latency Checker at all. I can’t find any kind of trace/diagnostic utility that even notices that these dropouts are happening.

Exactly my symptoms. Ugh…

Nothing showing in DPC or LatencyMon.

Well there are INF and VGA driver updates from ASRock that are new as of a couple weeks ago.

I’m going to give that a try before I throw the MOBO in the trash…

Nope. Still dropouts… :frowning:

But now I just had a dropout while doing a transfer to Melodyne. Melodyne saw the dropout and stopped.

That makes me wonder if it is the mobo or still something with Cubase. I really do not know enough about how this all works to make a qualified judgement.

Man this really blows…

Sounds exactly like my problem @jamieboo. What’s strange is that the mobo I have claims to be win10 compatible and is supposed to have good audio functionality. Maybe we need to update the BIOS? If other A/I’s work with it but the UR’s don’t, that makes me think it’s the device, not the mobo. But then again, I don’t really know what’s the best way to solve this in the first place.

My BIOS is the most recent. I flashed it months ago and just checked to see if there was a new one. Nope.

Keep in mind that I did a test a while back with the built in audio. There are no dropouts there. Only with the Steiny interface.

Yeah, similarly I had no dropouts with the Realtek onboard audio, or NVidia audio through my graphics card (both now disabled obviously).
I have the latest bios for my mobo, and all my chipset drivers etc are up to date.
I suspect it might be something to do with USB. Apparently the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller is a troublesome little rascal that has troubled DAW users. I tried uninstalling it but lost a lot of USB functionality.
But Latency Monitor shows it to be one of the busiest drivers.
Although… starting Latency Monitor again just now shows that that is no longer the case. Hmm. Up until this morning both my UR22 and my mouse had been on adjacent Intel USB ports. The UR22 is still there but I moved the mouse to an ASMedia USB port. And Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller activity has definitely dropped. This is perhaps not hugely relevant in itself, but I think possibly my dropouts have reduced a bit.
So my UR22 remains on an Intel USB 2.0 port, and my mouse has been moved to an ASMedia USB 3.0 port (next to my Cubase dongle).
I’m sure you’ve already tried it, but experiment with different USB ports. And maybe try and have the AI on a different USB root hub to everything else. USBTreeView is a useful little utility for getting info on your USB connections.