UR22 mkII - Audio dropouts problem

I have similar problem with my UR22 mkII. While playing sound drops for a moment literally every 15 minutes. And in records from Studio One 3 there are moments of silnce. It started about week ago. Firstly I thought it’s USB power issue, but without Yamaha USB driver problem disappered (but this generic Microsoft driver is unusable for different reasons, such as horrible distortion…). So it’s definitelly not problem with USB.

I’ve tried newer and older drivers, disabling and removing antivirus, disable all USB power saving properties, changing buffer size, sample rate and latency mode, update windows form 1903 to 1909, nothing changed.

Using Dell vostro 5471, i5 8250U, UHD 620, 8+16 GB RAM

1 Like

I have the exact same issue with my Yamaha AG03!
BUT i don’t want to deactivate any CPU boosts, because I need those boosts for gaming :smiley:
So, this workaround won’t work for me.
I hope this gets fixed very very soon. I can’t stream / talk to friends via Discord.
Everything is broken.

1 Like

Hey guys, ADD ME TO THE LIST!

I’m on a Dell G7 laptop running the Yamaha MG10XU mixer, SAME PROBLEM! Came out of nowhere and its pretty much ruining my life…I’ve tryed the work arounds (turning down maximum CPU and turning off turbo boost with throttle stop) aaaand they dont work. I THINK they are working for like 5 minutes, and them it starts back up again like a bad coughing fit :blush: I’ve been checking this thread every couple of days so I figured while I impatiently waiting for a solution so I’d throw my 2 cents in!

I can feel you…I already contacted my hardware seller as I still have warranty left. They suggested the Yamah AG03 to me to buy it. So as it does not work now I may get a replacement. Because I can’t wait for 2-3 more weeks. I literally can’t work properly. I have to use the worst microphones avaiilable :smiley:

So the last time support jumped on this thread was for the throttle stop workaround on April 24th. Nothing was really said about weather or not the issue was being address or a update was being made to the driver. Sooooo, are we on own here? should I be looking at another company like ASAP?

1 Like

Thanks a lot Phyeme!!! It’s seems to work perfectly with this solution so far!!! Best Regards, you saved my brain from months of research!!!

Seems like,
I opened a ticket + a thread. No response even after almost 2 weeks. I get in touch with my hardwareseller on monday to replace the yamah ag03 interface.

I received UR816C yesterday and despite VERY short USB cable which is annoying (but I’ll probably buy a longer one if I keep the unit) I have this USB connection error crap now and then.

Some games, youtube, just start freezing for split second.

Does anyone know how to fix that?

I’ll wait for Monday for support - don’t want to ship it back, but will be forced to, if needed.

And btw, can’t even install the software, it’s all grayed out and not selectable. Re-downloaded, restarted few times:

I’m getting close to sending my brand new UR22c back for a refund. Only had it a week.
Audio dropouts in Cubase Elements 10 and browser.
On an Acer Intel i5 laptop, W10. Have tried everything short of a BIOS update - bus power, external power, usb 2.0 and 3.0, WIFI/AV off, higher buffer settings.
Don’t hold up much hope for support. Already have a ticket for a GA5se and no response for 22 days.
I realize demand for support is high at the moment but I bought the new interface to be able to record more during lockdown.
Disappointed as it’s a good, well built unit otherwise.

Got the UR22 MK2 since christmas last year. I had Dropout Problems with the Scarlett 2i2 back then and wanted to get a more stable one … little did I know back then…
At first I had the dropouts on my Dell XPS 15 laptop and later on my new ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 15 too.

Specs:
Windows 10
Intel Core i9-9988HK CPU @ 2,40GHz, 2400 MHz 8 Cores
Mainboard ASUSTek COMPUTER INC. UX581GV
32GB RAM
NVidia Geforce RTX 2060

Dropouts are definitely more rare on my system when I use the extern power supply for the UR22 and keeping it on USB2.0 seems to help too. I find that the dropouts occure more on Chrome (Watching Youtube, Listening to music etc.) and less when playling games for example. I tried a bit around and I think it has nothing to do with hardware acceleration or switch programs from CPU to GPU.
I tried everything I knew to win against these dropouts. One thing that seemed to help (but not fix!) is deleting unused audio drivers (NVidia High Definition Audio/Intel High Definition Audio/sometimes even Realtek) And I found out that for me recent Windows Updates seem to worsen the problem. So I tried to pause updating windows which worked for some time. But at some point windows forces to install some kind of updates which I cant deinstall. I found this threat very usefull and will now try to work around the Turbo Boost Method and Kaspersky as mentioned and will then give a quick update. I even thought about upgrading again to a RME Babyface but I still dont know if similar problems will occur on it too :frowning:

I wouldn’t have thought so. Safe bet to go with an RME.
The UR22c’s going back. My Focusrite 2i2 1st gen is much more reliable as is ASIO4ALL.

Yeah dude… I have the same f@ckin’ problem. It is a nightmare how this drops could damage your recording and force you to start everything again. Also, I’m having something like a “Lag or Freeze” when I am using my DAW Cubase AI 9.5 which came with the UR22mkII interface. It’s like a lag with the mouse after recording a track and moving around the track with zoom in and zoom out. It’s really a nightmare. I didn’t have this issue in the past, but now I find it terrible. Furthermore, when this lag ocurrs, I can notice a blue bar in the Disk Cache Load next to the Average Audio Processing Load. It seems to be a freeze in the laptop.

I used to have some issues since I bought the interface and thought that my Laptop wasn’t good enough for it. But then I realized it wasn’t true. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 510 Core i7 7th Gen. It’s good enough for it. So maybe Windows 10 is the worst thing ever created. Why you have an interface if you can’t use it? Doesn’t have sense for me.

Does anybody know if Macbook or Mac Devices are having the same problem with their iOS system? Hopefully no, but lets see what happen next with this crap of Windows.

1 Like

My god, you’ve bloody solved it. I’ve been trying to solve this issue for the best part of a year, and disabling turbo boost has fixed it.
I’ll ring up the pope and see if I can get you canonized :laughing: Thank you!

Yep, experiencing this as well.

I was using a Behringer UMC22 before, but wanted to get away from the buggy drivers. Oh, sweet innocence.

Specs:
Windows 10
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Cache 64MB 3.8GHz (4.6GHz Max Turbo)
Motherboard Biostar X570GT8 Ver. 5.x
32gb 3200mhz RAM
Radeon RX 5700 XT 8gb

Can’t try the “intel boost” fix on an AMD processor. Nothing else worked, changing buffers did nothing, this is so, so annoying. Then again, even if that solved the problem, my setup is fairly beefy, it’s really not acceptable to not be able to use the device with low latency. Playing with latency is a nightmare, albeit nos as much of a nightmare as my sound cutting off every 10-30 seconds, it still sucks.

I do hope Yamaha does something about this. I love Yamaha, honestly, I have Yamaha Synths, I have a MG10XU mixing board which is great (although I’ve never used the integrated USB interface, hope the performance is better than this), Cubase is wonderful, the list goes on. I just want a USB audio interface that is not gigantic, just enough for my mic and my guitar, and I thought the UR12 would be the one. Very disappointed.

I have a Ryzen processor, pretty sure it’s called Precision boost for AMD. Although I’ve tried that and it doesn’t fix audio drop outs. It’s also not an acceptable solution because that’s how processors work these days. I have a Line 6 PodXT that’s over a decade old, plugged it into my system and it’s been solid for a week. It doesn’t have low latency obviously. Steinberg blaming Win10 when some 12 year old interface works without drop outs is pretty amateur. My UR22 worked fine on Win7, but the drivers on Win10 have too many issues.

1 Like

Hello, I ve found the solution for my PC.
Ryzen 3700X
MSI X570 A Pro
64 GB 2666Mhz Kingstone KVR
ASRock RX5700

Had the same troubles with interruptions, on the 3rd of July MSI released the new beta bios - i’ve update the mobo, and now it works like MacPro, without any dropouts and other problems.
P.S. Sorry for my English, im from Siberia. =)

1 Like

I have Ryzen 5 3600, on MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS. I’m on the new beta bios (3rd July). If I run my RAM at default SPD values, (2 sets), 2133mhz or 2666mhz, I do not get drop outs. If I run the RAM at advertised speeds (3600mhzCL38), I get drop outs. I also have Radeon RX 5700. This occurs on any BIOS from the factory shipped one to present. I tested each one to be sure.

Not sure why you’d have 64 gigs of RAM that slow with a 3700x, but is that the max speed? If not, try it with XMP profile and report back

new computer has this problem too

MB/B460M GAMING HD (1.0)
CPU/I3 10100

It works without this problem on the old computer

any news?

Also having this problem for a while now. I tried disabling the Turbo Boost but it does not help.

Really annoying. Any news?

I’m experiencing audio cuts from time to time, the interface just turns off for a split second. I’ve tried with different cable, same story and it started after the last driver update. Before that it didn’t had any problems.