UR22C Drivers (2.0.4) not working in macOS Big Sur (11.0.1)

I have been using my Steinberg UR22C for the past 8 months in my 2019 MacBook Air with MacOS 10.15.x (Catalina) DAW : LogicProX 10.5.x . Now that I updated my OS to macOS Big Sur (11.0.1) and LogicProX to 10.6 , the drivers are not being recognised. I think the compatibility of the drivers with the new MacOS might be the issue. Kindly fix it, and advise me on this issue.

1 Like

I have the same issue on my MacBook Pro. Cannot record or get sound from UR22C, even though the interface comes up on the System information. I need this device to be recognised as I am using for recording voiceovers.

I have contacted Apple who got me to reset NVRAM on Mac. Link on how to: Reset NVRAM on your Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Update: Just tried again and now dead again!

I don’t think Big Sur is supported yet…

Thank you very much for replying brother. You are correct. Big Sur is not supporting Steinberg drivers for now. I have been following this article on Steinberg’s website regarding the compatibility of macOS Big Sur with all Steinberg products , and it states that all the new drivers for Steinberg devices including UR22C are in testing stages. We need to wait until the latest compatible drivers are released. There is no other way. Link for the article : https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360017403100-macOS-Big-Sur-and-Apple-Silicon-product-compatibility

Thank you very much for replying brother. Big Sur is not supporting Steinberg drivers for now. I have been following this article on Steinberg’s website regarding the compatibility of macOS Big Sur with all Steinberg products , and it states that all the new drivers for Steinberg devices including UR22C are in testing stages. We need to wait until the latest compatible drivers are released. There is no other way. Link for the article : https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360017403100-macOS-Big-Sur-and-Apple-Silicon-product-compatibility

Let’s hope the new drivers aren’t too far away. I upgraded to Big Sur like an idiot and now I’m without my UR22C for the time being.

2 Likes

Strange… I updated to Big Sur and I have the UR22C. I had issues getting the UR22C to work with previous version of the MAC OS and I then installed the Steinberg driver, then manually removed the midi driver, rebooted and used MAC OS own MIDI driver and it works like a charm. I also to the USB/Midi driver to work for my Korg Minilouge XD that had issues with new Big Sur I heard.

Hello, I’m having the same problem with the Yamaha UR22C Driver for my audio interface. I followed the steps to fix the problem but it didn’t work at all. My Mac has the latest software version (BigSur 11.1). I’m really worried because I can’t do my job. What a shame, I should’ve bought the Focusrite.

3 Likes

I know! I’m thinking about buying the MOTU M2 since this is taking so long.

This sucks. Please get a driver out quickly or I’ll have to consider swapping my UR8126C for something else - dead in the water!

3 Likes

Use ur22c with iPad Pro during covid lockdown without any problems . Now , I try to use it with Mac ( Mojave). Installation completed with success . I did the security « thing » the first installation of Yamaha steinberg usb driver . It doesn’t work . :man_facepalming:. I cannot find the device in the utilities of midi and sound . So I try to desinstall, reinstall . Spend 3 hours to find a solution . Still not working . I need help . I buy 2 Yamaha hs5 studio monitors and I can’t use them. So frustrating :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

Myself, being fed up waiting, I have bought an Apogee Duet 2 which works perfectly with Big Sur, I have bought Logic Pro, much cheaper than Cubase and does exactly the same ! So, my philosophie is: USE WHAT WORKS !

Don’t !!! I had one ! Very complicated to use !

Don’t ! I had one ! It is a headache trying to make it work !

I’m having the same issue here. Just bought my UR22C yesteday.

I have a video desctiption of my problem for you to see but you have disabled links in comments and you have also disabled new users form attaching videos as an attachments to the comments so that makes the video quite useless.

You can try to combine these lines to a complete URL to see the video if it works:

www.
loom
.com
/share
/204649afc09546099809687e627d7de7

I’m going to return the UR22C if this problem is not solved quickly. This is making the device useless.

My setup:
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
MacOS Big Sur (11.1)
Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver V2.0.4
eLicencer version 6.12.6.1281

1 Like

Hi guys! Here is an update. I downgraded my MacBook to macOS Catalina and it just works fine now. But many months ago , I wrote an email to Steinberg Technical Support and got a reply from them a few days ago. The technician told me a few steps to follow to make UR22C work on Big Sur and I felt like sharing it with you guys. Here is the reply that I got -

Jochen Schmidt (Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH)
Jan 5, 2021, 15:42 GMT+1

Dear Kamalanabham,

Thank you for contacting Steinberg Technical Support.

Unfortunately, we don’t have a fixed date for the release of the new Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver yet.
I assume it will be released in the next two months, but it might take longer if we run into unexpected issues.

However, you can try the following to make your UR Interface work under macOS 11 (Big Sur):

• disconnect your UR Interface

• open the following path on your hard drive:
    “Name of your hard driver" → “Library” → “Preferences”

• now delete the following file:
    com.yamaha.YamahaSteinbergUSBDriver.plist

• restart your machine and reconnect your UR Interface afterwards

Best regards,
Jochen Schmidt
Senior Technical Support Representative

Hotline
+49 (0)40 401 10125

Opening hours (CET):
Monday - Friday: 10:00 am to 12:00 am
Thursday: 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm

1 Like

oh wow - that works! but now dspMixFx UR-C app is no longer finding the interface … at least I can sort of use it in Cubase now - thanks!!

Wow! I am very glad that it’s working for you.