UR28M on a M1 silicon Apple

How to install an UR28M on a M1 Mac Mini?
Driver appears on “disabled software”

I have the same question, altrough I am thinking to switch to a plug an play sound card

Have you tryed the latest version of Yamaha usb driver?

Hi guys
Unfortunately they are not done testing it seems, here is the support page for M1/Big Sur:

I was wondering if there are any updates on the ur28m and Apple M1 Big Sur? It still doesn’t work on my new mac mini (UR28M device not recognized…) Thanks much ! Cheers, Roland

I don’t think so. I just purchased a Uad Solo TB3 and works perfectly!

It is incredible that @Steinberg_Service @Steinberg_Archived is taking so long for a thing that many other manufacturers have already solved. This is not a 2021 customer service. I wish I had invested my money on another brand. SOLVE THIS!!!

It works pretty well on Windows Vista and macOS 7.

Very sad. My UR28M does not work on my new Macbook Pro M1. This is very disappointing.

@Steinberg_Service just don’t care about us. They only care about taking the money.

1 Like

We have updated our compatibility chart to provide an update on the support. Currently, we plan to release a compatible driver mid of March.

Until then, a workaround could be to use the UR28M in class compliant mode instead. Yes, you’ll lose functionality but you can use it on the M1 system.

2 Likes

Can you provide a step by step on how to do that? What we need to install and how to use in compliant mode please? No problem if we loose some functionality if it makes sound and can record a Voice, at least in my case.

Which functionality is lost?

Do you know if it works with a normal usb 3 to usb c adaptor?

Manual, page 31: “Turn on the device while holding down OUTPUT button C, and keep pressing the
OUTPUT C button until an INPUT meter/OUTPUT meter flashes.”

The features like loopback and the hardware panel for direct access won’t be available with this setting. But at least you have an interface until the official driver is released.

1 Like

thank you, I will try it today! the only problem is that the apple camera adapter does not have a lighting USB C (thunderbird) end but it has the normal USB C end (the one that also works to charge the phone or the IPAD). An USB to USB C adapter will do it or I connect the sound card directly to the USB port?

As long as the device is connected to the computer, you can use it in class compliant mode.

1 Like

I managed to do it! I risk a ban but I will risk: f@cking awesome! Thank you!

1 Like

This is awesome!

1 Like

While this is awesome, @Ed_Doll @Steinberg_Service why keep us waiting for months in answering for a work around like that, if this was possible from the very beginning?!? I’m waiting since December for an answer how to install. Very poor customer support.

1 Like