(UR44c) insufficient DSP resource after firmware update 1.5

Hi,

After the last firmware update (v1.5), I can’t open any guitar plugs anymore, just the Channel Strip.
Even without any other plugin inserted, the system informs that there is a lack of resources for the DSP as you can see in the image.

but the channel strip is ok

Version of program and fw

Did anyone else have this problem too?

Hi, I did the update to my UR44c, but now I can’t open any guitar plugins anymore, only channel strip.
It says that there are no resources even without any effect applied to another channel :frowning:

Look

Hi Stefan,

can you help me with this issue?! I would record guitar with dsp again…

Thx

Hello Cometti.
Have you also processed the Firmware update?
Best regards,
Stefan Schreiber

Hi,

I updated to version 1.5 and the error started. Previously everything was working normally, but even restarting the interface, the computer, etc., I can only select the Channel Strip, all the other effects for guitars cannot be inserted due to the lack of resources as shown in the image above.

Thx

Hi Cometti.

The update includes several parts.

• updating the Firmware of the UR44C
  • updating the TOOLS for UR-C (which include the diver, dspMixFx, etc.)
    Have you done both?
    If no, please process both parts.
    If yes, please try to uninstall the old TOOLS completely and install the latest version again.
    Best regards,
    Stefan

I did it all because it was a new installation (new operating system). I downloaded the latest file and ran the “setup.exe” file by default.

Look

Hello Cometti.

If think you also need to run the UR-C_firmware_V150.exe.
But please make sure to read the Release Notes first so the process is done in the right manner.
Best regards,
Stefan

Stefan,
I already said that I did everything correctly as in the other dozens of times. I first updated the firmware from version 1.1 to version 1.5. Soon after, I installed the TOOLS_for_URC_V150_Win file directly from the Steinberg support website.
I don’t know what else to say to say that I CANNOT USE THE DSP FOR GUITARS AFTER PERFORMING THE CURRENT UPDATE !!!
What didn’t you understand?

Hello Cometti.

1. I’m happy to try to help
  2. You did not exactly specify what steps you did until now.
  3. Thank you for now clearly describing what steps you did.

It’s impossible to help if not every part of the setup and every step of the process is absolutely clear.
Therefore I need to make sure that these are confirmed to be done correctly.

I will talk to our support colleagues about this issue and see how we can sort it.

Best regards,
Stefan

Alright,

my apologies for rude words, but im desperate with this error. If you can help, I make myself available for clarification, including remote access to my computer.

Thanks in advance

Hello Cometti.
I talked to one of our support colleagues.
He was able to re-produce the issue.
By re-installing the whole installation package and the driver he has been able to solve it.
So I would kindly ask you to first try this.
Please re-install the TOOLS for UR-C and re-start the computer.
Hopefully this will solve the issue. If this won’t be the case, please let me know.
Best regards,
Stefan

Good morning @Stefan_Schreiber ,
didn’t work! I removed all Steinberg and Yamaha applications, restarted and installed again. But when choosing guitar effects, the message of insufficient resources from the DSP appears again.

@cometti

Do you use the power adapter?

I think I have seen this happen when the unit is running bus powered from usb and not getting enough power. But maybe this is not the case for you.

@misohoza

I’ve tried with the power adapter and without it, both with USB-A and USB-C cables and in all scenarios the problem was the same. Like i said, Channel Strip works fine, only the guitar plugins doesn’t…

Hi cometti, I had a similar issue on the UR22C. I fixed it by taking it off the mixer view (hit the lit green fader icon button at the top-right) and on the main screen you might see a button lit in green that looks a bit like a figure 8 on its side. Not sure what it is (conferencing?) but switching it off resolved the issue for me.

@cometti I have the UR44C too, I am able to instantiate two guitar fx.
The only difference I can see is you’re on v2.0.3 of the Yamaha usb-midi driver

@mattster the figure 8 is the icon means Linked Channels in Stereo. :+1:

1 Like

Hello Cometti.
Thank you for trying that. I’m sorry that it did not solve the issue.
I would kindly ask you to check one more thing.
What is the sample rate you are using with your UR44C?
Best regards,
Stefan

V2.03 is for Windows 7, 2.04 is for Windows 10

Hello Cometti.
ca-booter is absolutely right. That could be part of the issue
Even though the YSUSB driver version 2.0.3 which is included in the latest TOOLS also supports Windows 10, please install the latest YSUSB driver version 2.0.4 (supports only Windows 10 - 64-bit). This may solve the issue.

YSUSB Driver 2.0.4.

Best regards,
Stefan