Use Cubase Projects as Events

I use Cubase 15 for music production and audio post-production, often handling complex projects that contain numerous audio and MIDI tracks.

I would like to propose a new feature: the ability to place an entire Cubase project into the project window as a single event.

For instance, if I need to modify a music track within an audio post-production project, the current workflow requires the following steps:

Close the post-production project or switch to a different one.
Open the original music project.
Make the necessary changes and export the audio.
Re-open the post-production project and replace the old audio file.
This workflow is cumbersome, especially when dealing with a large number of music tracks.

My proposed solution is to allow users to drag and drop a Cubase project directly into the project window. It would then appear as a single event containing the rendered audio file.

Double-clicking this event would open the original project for editing. Ideally, after making changes and exporting the audio, the event within the post-production project would update automatically.

This would significantly improve efficiency when working on complex audio post-production projects, reducing the time spent switching between projects and manually replacing audio files.

I believe this feature would be highly beneficial for workflows involving film scoring, game audio production, and other multi-project scenarios.

It’s not just about music, either;
Audio post-production often involves far more tracks than simple music composition.
For example, when creating a complex 10-second combat scene, it is easier to focus by creating a separate project dedicated solely to editing the sound effects for that scene, rather than working within a massive project containing 70+ tracks.
It also allows you to use resource-intensive plugins specifically for that scene.

What do you think? Wouldn’t you like to have this feature too?

Hi, welcome to the forum.
What are these?

Only us users here!

I’d never use this, but Boris Vegas has a nested project feature. So it may be do-able.

Sorry—by “BGM,” I meant music, and by “MA,” I meant audio post-production. I used those terms because that’s how they’re commonly referred to in Japan.

Thinking about it, this sounds a bit like the old Arrange page in ancient versions of Cubase.