Using the CC121 with other DAWs like Logic, and AI control

Hi,

In the past I did a script for Steinberg CMC series. It was just a simple XML file to adapt, if I remember right.

StudioOne does NOT have a Generic Remote in order to do this. Thats why Im using the FaderPort 2018 Device in Studio One as its the closest not including the pan knob

Where does one find this XML file for the CC121 that one can EDIT?? I would gladly hack away at it

I tried MidiTranslator Pro but the site will NOT download the Mac demo so I can check it out

What do you Mac guys use for scripting??

Thanks

Logic : Use Mackie Control surface (tracks in logic will not follow track selection, you must advance tracks by using the channel select on the CC121, track in Logic has to be manual selected to match up, monitor on/off does not function)

StudioOnePro: Use FaderPort 2018 ( pan does not work, pan does track selection so you must do that in S1)

I did a complex Python script to fully integrate it into Ableton Live:

The tricky part is, that you need to send a ā€œkeep-aliveā€ message every second to keep it turned on. Without sending this command every second, the CC121 is in idle mode with be blue Cubase Ready LED flashing.
This midi message is a system common message [0xF0, 0x43, 0x10, 0x3E, 0x15, 0x00, 0x01, 0xF7]
I think every 2s should be fine too.

Has ANYONE got a CC121 that works in ProTools? If so, how? Thanks, Steve

You roll your own.

Bump - did anyone find a suitable script to get CC121 fully workig in Studio One? I have zero coding skills so wouldnt know where to start! Would offer to pay someone to do one for me but have a feeling it might be out of my price range unless it was a fairly quick job (which Iā€™m pretty sure anything to do with coding isnā€™t!)
Couldnt find anything on studio one forums.

2022:
I find that my CC121 works very well in Studio One Pro without doing anything special.
Iā€™m still looking to get it working in Logic Pro X.
Of course itā€™s still tops in Cubase Pro 12.
Studio 325 West

Hiya, I just upgraded to studio One 6, and there is a device driver for the cc121.
It works perfectly, you will be pleased to hear.