VariAudio: notes/segments disappeared

Trashing the xml files isn’t the solution, if the issue come back it’s because the Cubase.exe writes corrupted or wrong information into the xml files. The issue needs to be fixed directly in the software code.

2 Likes

That’s what I’ve been thinking about. I trashed the preferences once in safe mode: it works well but then no more. So you must be right, Louis. Hope Mr. Steinberg could do it… :slightly_frowning_face:

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no clear repro. So the developers and the testers cannot provoke it to be able to find the issue and after the fix to confirm our doesn’t happen anymore.

Can’t believe it. We all should have our money for updating to 12 back!

1 Like

You are absolutely right. Until then I recommend everyone to make a backup of their Preferences Folder, in case anything gets lost, or has to be trashed.

@Martin.Jirsak I get that there is no clear repro, but shouldn’t it help if the Devs get a corrupted XML file, so they can check, where the issue might come from?

1 Like

Hi,

That would help.

1 Like

@Martin.Jirsak you said “that would help”, thank you for your comment. Are we sure they have received a copy of the corrupted preference files, and they are working on it? … and if not, how do we facilitate that to take place?

Are there any Cubase 12.0.30 or 12.0.40 users that are *not having these types of VariAudio problems?

I had it once, it seems to happen sporadically. It would be great, if users who have this issue, would upload their XML files here so @Martin.Jirsak can send it to SB.

I also have had key command errors using Variaudio. They were intermittent last night, specifically custom commands related to cursor position manipulation. I haven’t had those before.

When you say “upload the xml file here”, do you mean this one?

%appData% Steinberg/Cubase X_64

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

Yes, in the best case the whole preferences folder.

But only the preferences folder related to the issue of this given bug. Don’t mix up multiple issues, please.

1 Like

The bugs in this thread are reported as no box around the pitch tracings, Cubase playing audio that has been deleted, not being able to adjust the size of the note box in Variaudio, Variaudio scale assistant not working, Audio warp doesn’t work with Variaudio on … maybe others?

I’ve only had one of those (not being able to adjust the size of the note box in Variaudio), and as well something else related to using Variaudio - some custom key commands aren’t responding normally when the Variaudio window is open (separate window, not lower zone).

At your request, @Martin.Jirsak , I’ll hold off on uploading anything here to avoid potentially mixing up multiple issues.

But I’d like to know please: have the developers received a copy of the corrupted preference files, and are they working on it? … and if not, how do we facilitate that to take place?

Thank you again!

Hi,

Did you share it with the description of the exact problem somewhere, please?

Thank you for your comment, @Martin.Jirsak !So sorry, i wasn’t as clear as i wanted to be. :frowning:

I meant to say I was wondering if the developers had received the “XML” files that others had submitted.

I have not submitted an XML file because today i have not had a recurrence of the two issues i noticed in Variaudio yesterday (not able to adjust the edges of the colored boxes, and cursor behavior).

Cheers!

I sent you my preferences folder

Hi,

I haven’t seen any preferences folder ZIPped and attached so far.

It would have been nice, that they told us, that they needed those corrupted files to find a solution.
I get, that this isn’t easy to fix or easy to reproduce, but there was also no Dev or Support Person reaching out here to ask for those files?

@Tj99 VariAudio: notes/segments disappeared - #29 by Martin.Jirsak

Well, then this is not true:

1 Like

Hi all,

This issue is going to be fixed in the upcoming update.

4 Likes

Thank you for letting us know!