VariAudio: notes/segments disappeared

sadly this also applies to melodyne and the extention, i think it might have started my problem. pitch processing in plugs like MAUTOPITCH also doesnt work at all. really weird. its a 12.0.20 thing for me…

1 Like

Now getting this myself on 12.0.30 - really annoying, trashed prefs and it still remains… :frowning:

Never had serious issues before, but C12 has been nothing but a pain and this is a key component as to why I use Cubase. So very annoying.

2 Likes

Hi,

Are you sure you trashed the preferences properly, please? Did you see the Register message during the next start, please?

Yeah, I did. I saw it pulling my settings from the previous version too. Done it a few times.

I just wonder if I should just trash all Cubase_x_64 folders so nothing gets migrated from pre C12 settings, perhaps? I’ll try that later.

Hi,

Yes, I would try to trash all Chubase preferences folders.

1 Like

Brilliant, thanks for the pointer. Now working.

For anyone else reading, I removed (Dragged to desktop) all folders (In my case Cubase 9-11) and now back to normal -phew- :slight_smile:

Creating a new project is now very slow since trashing them all, ~30 seconds. But as I’m between work I can’t look into why that is - any ideas?.

Cubase looks…urm… very foreign set to default! This is going to be fun for next few days lol.

Thanks again :+1:

You can still import back the PluginManager.xml and UserPreferences.xml, or any simple files like the ones that store presets (color presets etc).
The main culprit for issues is generally Default.xml and maybe a few other ones.

1 Like

Hi,

I would say the most important one is the Key Commands.xml for the most users.

2 Likes

Seems that removing just the Defaults.xml file sorted variaudio - many thanks!

Copied all my original files back and only removed that, all good again… PHEW! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is what Safe Mode disable prefs does actually.

1 Like

Hi,

Really? I was thinking it removes the whole preferences folder.

1 Like

Nope, just defaults.xml, and it even creates a backup of it. (Last I checked)

It also changes UserPreferences.xml, but not key commands, and other user settings / presets.

1 Like

I removed ( Defaults and UserPreferences )
Nothing helps

Ok
Now it works as well

First time I removed just (Default) file
Nothing changed

second time UserPrefrences
Nothing changed

3th time
Both and now working
how can i know which file is causing this issue?
I hope that Steinberg will find a solution to the many problems that occur when modifying the preferences settings

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately It did not help me in Nuendo 12.0.40 build 317

Nothing seems to solve. Cubase 12.04. Steinberg should consider this a major problem for users. Never had it in previous release, from the very first time variaudio was in the Cube.
Do something please

1 Like

Hi,

Have you trashed the whole preferences folder, please? Have you tried to trash all Cubase versions preferences folders?

Martin, thank you for your answer. I was waiting for a different solution. Working without preferences it’s kind of a problem, like it is working with no Variaudio. It seems really strange, after some months, keeping on talking about a walkaround and not finding a solution. Sorry for saying that, but I’ve been a Steinberg user since Atari era and never abandoned the Cube, subscribing all the updates. So I’m really disappointed I have to work with a previous release to obtain better results… All that said, Martin, if Steinberg has no idea of the solution, I’ll try the walkaround (that seems sometimes not to work anyway…)

I had this all of a sudden 2 days ago, fortunately I always backup my preferences folder when I do some changes, so I had a recent backup.

I basically replaced “Defaults.xml” and “Default Project Workspace.xml” with the files from my backup and everything was working again.

I recommend you to save these folders periodically to your NAS or backup drive, in case something weird happens.
In all the years of using Cubase this was the first time, I had to to something like this.

Thank you Tj…I’ll try this!