Video Player disappears on second screen when switching applications

Hey folks,

So far I’ve been using Nuendo on a single display, but now made the jump to a dual screen setup. The second screen will only be used to display the video player in full screen mode. But whenever I switch to another application, the video player on the second screen disappears. Looks like the window management is a little bit different for the video player. Unfortunately there is no “Always on top” feature like with plugin windows.

Is this supposed to be that way? I’m on a Mac by the way.

Hi,

I have 3 monitors setup, but it works to me here (on macOS 10.14).

• Open Video Player in Nuendo.
  • Maximise it.
  • CMD+Tab to switch to other application (or just click to it).
  • CMD+Tab to switch back to Nuendo (or just click to it).

=> Video Player window is available and maximised.

Am I doing something different from you?

Is the video player also visible while you are using another application? Switching back to Nuendo will bring back the video player, but I want it to stay there always. Here is a short video of the problem:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ser99u9phcmgver/Video%20Player%20Disappearing.MOV?dl=0

Hi,

I see. Then I can confirm your observation. The Video Player is not visible when the other application is in focus. What is expected, because the Video Player window is “Always on Top” enabled. As you said, unfortunately we cannot change it.

WOW !? That’s just a shame for Nuendo and Steinberg! We are talking about a top notch POST-PRODUCTION software for editing audio to PICTURE and we can’t get the video player so stay up front? Seriously? Even the old dinosaur Pro Tools can do that.

Get this fixed Steinberg !

Is this a Mac only thing by the way? Can anyone on a windows machine confirm this behaviour?

Hi,

No, it’s the same on both systems: Mac and Windows.