Vote for the feature request now when we can!

I asked some questions about the voting system here:

The short answer was “it is unlikely that the SB will use the voting system to prioritize fixes and features.”

Regarding the first post

So if you think your feature request should be taken into consideration maybe you should read and vote for other feature requests as well?

That would not be fair because user themselves should read the topics and judge if it is useful or not. It is in the interest of everyone to improve the software experience, it sounds like bribing to go and chase ppl asking “hey look I voted for your post now you vote for mine”… that would not necessarily ensure that good posts are voted? Plus with the very limited votes availability that is unlikely to happen.

Also, I don’t know if down voting is supported by the forum software but if you down vote a feature request and motivate it with a post telling why then it’s not a personal attack and could be useful?

I think that if a feature is good and makes sense ppl will vote for it, if not simply leave it alone without having to downvote and maybe start endless discussions just because I see it black and you see it white.

The voting system would work if would be a bit clearer that the post is a feature request and that the user interaction (to vote it is requested).
I often collaborate with Autodesk for their software UX and they have this specific board to suggest and vote features that is a bit different from the actual forum. (involving also @Dr.Strangelove for visibility :slight_smile: )

(votes also take another “weight” when they come from a user that has a higher reputation on the forums, and with that I mean more active users, constructive or helpful compared to a new user that is just annoyed at the software and wish to have features XYZ just because he’s mad in that moment)

And last but not least I do agree with @steve that votes are NOT likes, you vote for a topic it is a statement that you WANT that feature (in case of feature request) which is a different thing than adding a <3 to a well written post :slight_smile:

1 Like