VSL Synchron

Hi

I have the VSL Synchron player to use with Dorico 4.
After I have changed the VSL to iLok, Dorico don’t load the instruments and expression maps at all.
Do someone know about this problem?
Thanks
Patrick

Something like this happened to me. Dorico had been running while I was updating VSL to iLok. When I opened a Dorico project, the VST Rack was empty. I quit Dorico and re-opened the project and all was as it should be. Played back fine. This was with VEPro, though.

**Leigh

Make sure you run the iLok cloud in the iLock manager, unless you use a key…

It don’t work
Dorico loads the player and expression maps, but not the sounds.
So I need to load every sound one by one

:frowning:

Since the iLok-compatible Synchron Player is different from the older eLicenser-compatible one, I fear we’ll have to replace the Synchron Player from all our projects.

Still downloading the libraries, and not tried, but I could see the player was different.

Paolo

Hi Paolo

Even when I creat a new Project I have the same problem.

You shouldn’t have to replace the player in existing projects. Everything loaded up and played fine for me. I know that’s not much help :slight_smile:

Patha, did you try re-applying the playback template?

Many thank’s
The playback templante don’t work at all.
My last idea is to reinstall VSL again without iLok
My “old” system worked fine.

Why not contact VSL support before doing all that.

1 Like

In order for it to work I had to open iLok License manager and manually activate the licenses to my iLok Cloud session. They were not automatically activated.
Have you tried that?

1 Like

I asket VSL but they don’t know what it can be

Yes I have tried
thank’s

OK, sorry it didn’t help.
FWIW, I had to do it twice, since not all my licenses appeared at once and only half of the samples were shown in the Synchron player.

Maybe you can post a screenshot (without any identifying info) of your iLok Manager screen.

Hi
Thank’s a lot
From iLok it is ok
I can run in Standalone without no problem.
The sounds are not loaded automaticly in Dorico. I mhave to do it one by one

I had the same issue. All Synchron Player instances in my projects were empty and the only option seemed to load them manually again which is a huge work.

I could solve the issue as follows:

1. .go through the whole ilok activation procedure (as you have already done)
  2. start Dorico with the old VSL eLicenser dongle connected and open your project with the VSL instances in (the Synchron Player should now show all presets correctly and play sound)
  3. save the project (I “saved as” under a new name but that is probably not required). Close Dorico (maybe it is enough to just close the project I did not check that)
  4. disconnect the dongle and start Dorico again and open the project you have just saved. Now all presets should be there and play sound.

Note that this one time opening with the old dongle after activation of iLok, saving and then opening without dongle is mentioned by VSL but you easily forget this after all the downloading and activation steps.

I hope it works.

PS. same procedure for VE7 Pro by the way. You get an error message when you open projects without having done the above mentioned steps

2 Likes

Thanks for this!!! I’ve had a bunch of problems with the iLok conversion, but this definitely helped with converting my older VEP projects! My dongle has seen better days so glad it’s not needed any more, LOL!

reinstall all the bank whith the new Vienna Assistant

I have the Synchron Prime library-which I love. However, I cannot use the VSL Synchron Prime Dorico template they provide because it loads separate instances of the Synchron Player. The Synchron Player does not work for me in Dorico. I’ve sent diagnostics to both Ulf at Steinberg and the VSL folks; they were very helpful but couldn’t resolve the issue. It’s odd, because the Synchron Player works everywhere on my machine in every other notation/DAW program I use. I can use my Synchron Prime library in Dorico only by using Vienna Ensemble as my vst host. No issues then…except that I lose the articulations/options available in the Dorico VSL Prime template which uses individual instances of the player. I’m curious to see if any others have this issue. Before the update to the latest version of Dorico, the VSL template worked fine; I composed a couple of fairly large orchestral pieces with it. Suddenly one day (with the latest version of Dorico) when opening one of those files, Dorico crashed-as it does now every time- even if I load a single instance of the Synchron Player. It’s weird that the player works within Vienna Ensemble in Dorico, but not by itself. I asked the VSL folks if they could make a Dorico template like the one they made for Notion 6 (which I also use). The Notion template works fine and uses Vienna Ensemble as the template host.
Alas, they declined my suggestion, Oh well…

You can modify the Prime Template to use VE(P). There’s an Endpoint config for each orchestral section. If you load up all the instruments of a section, Redirect them to an instance of VE, then save as new Endpoint, you can then include those Endpoint in the Template.