VST CONNECT SE: SSO Login Failed!

Hi.

Cant connect on VST CONNECT SE
It says: SSO Login Failed!

Login on Steinberg web page works fine, also tried to create a new account but same problem…
And in Settings, security and privacy both Cubase 11 and vst connect performer are allowed…
Dont know what to do??

Try again, works fine here.

tried, the same thing today :confused:
And again this morning on my hackintosh working fine…
same login and pass, same cubase dongle, istem is the same like in the studio.

So…it works now? Or only on some system? On which system does it fail?

No no.
It works at home but in my studio it dont works.

The sistem is almost the same. Cloned mac pro 5.1 Mojave on my hachintosh at home.
The same dongle, cubase and steinberg id.
I dont get it.
All software is the same.

In these cases, often some so called security or protection software may be the culprit. Try to disable any such tools.

Help! I am having the same problem. I sign in with my Steinberg ID and it says SSO Login Failed. Login on Steinberg web works fine. VST connect performer is allowed in security and privacy. Please help.

No problem here. Did you try again, does it work now? If not, try to login to MySteinberg on the Steinberg website, does that work? SSO is part of the mySteinberg login which is independant from VST Connect.
You may also connect to Performer using the ID method, which requires no login to MySteinberg. Click the ID icon, it provides 2 sets of numbers which you provide to Performer who enters those exactly as provided in his login and clicks “Connect”.

Hi, I have the same problem. Have you fixed it yet?

Just try again, no problems here.

no chance

well then we need much more detail. Your and other side system, login method, what do you do and what happens (not).

the same SSO login failed in my system
tried to login with my steinberg account details.

how to resolve this with Win security tweaks ?
i even turned off my firewall to check, and it still fails
maybe some forwarding ports to open in internet modem needed ?
“cubase 13 ,VC Pro and SE latest , Win11”

Problems with login, posting messages with “SSO” usually disappear after a while and have become extremely rare (server failure).
It might help if you login with https://signin.steinberg.net beforehand. Check your Steinberg account for any problems.
Just checked and can login w/o problems.

i tried in a studio that i work at, with Nuendo 13 and VC pro 4, and it loged in successfully with my personal “my steinberg” info (loged in successfully also with the studio’s “my steinberg” info too)
ill try again later to log with my laptop at home, but its seems to me like something is blocking VC from login
(im connected with WiFi on my laptop if it makes any difference for login , ill try also Lan to check)

tried again at my home with the laptop with LAN and WiFi off, still the same Login Failed popup !
is there a move that i can do ? maybe open “port Forward” in the internet router for VC Pro ? what values should be there ?

Well you can login but i can’t :upside_down_face:
Edit: i Forward ports on the internet router 51111 to 51117 UDP , those are the ports that are allowed for vst connect on windows firewall , but still cant login !

i did another test, i connected the laptop through my smartphone’s hotspot, at first it didn’t connect cuz the phone had the internet from the home internet wifi, then i used the cellular internet and then VC logged in successfully finally !
so the problem is somewhere in the home internet router , but i dont know what blocks VC. as i mentioned i also tried port forwarding on the router for VC and it didn’t help.

Basically, you have 2 firewalls, one inside the router, and the system firewall.
Maybe your router is blocking UDP traffic. VST Connect uses UDP for both connection and data transfer, namely ports 51111, 51112, and 51113.

probably it’s something with the modem provided by the internet provider, i think its something related to Double NAT that it uses, i’ll contact them , i barely use VC , so maybe i’ll just connect it with the other method when and if needed if i cant solve it with the provider