VST live stops in the middle of songs, transport stops responding

We have been using VST Live for about a year to play backtracks for live shows, usually without any problems and stable. We have 10 backtracks with 5-8 WAV tracks.

For some time now, approximately since version 1.4.00, we have sometimes had the problem that songs can no longer be started in the middle of the show or even stop in the middle of a song.

PC and VST Live work fine, menus are selectable. Even in the transport area, the buttons go to Play and Stop, but neither the song starts nor does the status display in the parts or track overview move.

This error does not occur frequently, but is of course very unpleasant. After two or three restarts of VST-Live it usually works again. This behaviour is quite annoying in live performances…

We have already changed PCs (Windows 11) and completely reinstalled one of them, only with VST Live and Cubase. The error occurs on both devices. No indication of what the problem could be, no error messages.

Does anyone here know this behaviour, are there any VST Live logs or analysis tools that could give us clues as to where the error lies?

Hi! Just first, could you update at least to most recent SDA version, or even better to most recent pre-release put here in forum on friday evening 1.4.60.
Your 1.4.0 is a bit “old” and there were lots of fixes.

The behaviour startet a few month ago, around the time when we changed to 1.4.
Actually we use 1.4.50

… that’s a good suggestion from @fkalmus : Please update to the latest Pre-Release (1.4.60) which can be found here. Is it better with that one?

/Michael.

Thank you for the recommendations. I’ll try the latest version.

I also wondered if I was the only one with this problem. That would be an indication that something is wrong with my PC or my VST-Live Project.

… is VST Live connected to a MODS iOS application?

No apps, only the PC with VST Live connected to the digital mixers interface (X32, latest drivers).

… what about the time-display? What about the Time Cursor ? Do they work when a song stopped, but the Play button is active?

/Michael.

As far as I can remember: No, they stopped.

… it sounds like VST Live has lost the communication to the audio driver. Could that be a reason? Maybe a short USB disconnection? Or the audio interface power supply has stopped for a moment?
We will check what happens to the audio engine when the audio driver will be lost - while runtime. Meanwhile …

… could you please - the next time it happens - change the audio driver and back to the current one. Does that help?

BTW, which audio interface are you running?

Michael.

The audio interface is:
Studio: Behringer X32 Compact with X-Live USB interface
Live performance: X32 Rack with X-USB interface

We use uni-directional 3 channels (Stereo L/R and Click)

Interruption experienced in both configurations. Checked and rattled all cables and connections too but seems everything physically stable and reliable.

The question was: if it happens, and you reset the audio driver, is the problem fixed?
When it happens, try the “Panic” item at the bottom left. Unless changed in preferences, it will reset the audio driver.

Until now I fixed the problem for the moment with stop and restart VST-Live.

I’ll try the tipps when it happens again. (typically during shows I have no time for deeper analysis because I’m the bassist too :slight_smile: )