Waiting for C6.5.5 update.

Good morning fellow cubase users- and how are you today! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

GOOD MORNING !!! :laughing: :laughing:

Customer!

I am here falling in love with 6 too.

I was on C5 and happy, planning to go to 7, but realized 10.68 (which works fine) wasnā€™t supported.
I still installed 7 and fumbled around, feels weird and gummy, as a graphic designer, I give thumbs down with all due respect.

So I went C6 as a transition, rock solid DAW, finally seeing the Padshop and new features everyone had been talking about while i was stuck on 5.

I think this is my cycle. Iā€™ll stick with the working DAW while you guys test the new ones. When C9 is out, Iā€™ll be dipping my toes in C7.

Good idea!

+1
{ā€˜-ā€™}

[quote="mpayne0I think this is my cycle. Iā€™ll stick with the working DAW while you guys test the new ones.[/quote]
Same here! Happy C4 userā€¦ and could even do all my stuff with SX1, if i had to. Some day have to upgrade to C7 just to be able to buy upgrade in the future instead of full version.

At least Cubase is a step forward from my old Otari MX5050 with defective reel brake on takeup reel (you know ā€¦ hit stop while on REW ā€¦ and youā€™ll have floor filled with tape).

The continuing lack of any reply from Steinberg about this is really F&*King me off. Can we have some news!!!

+1
Had a HDD re-call on my iMac recently and had to work in another 'puter
using SX3 for a few days.

A slower work-flo for sure but I did get work done.
The client was happy and I was proud of me and Cubase.

{ā€˜-ā€™}

Hi all,
we are currently preparing the 6.5.5 release and will announce it soon.

Best,
Helge

WOW!!!

Nice :exclamation:

Greetings,
Peter

Thanks!

Fine, Helge, but iā€™m getting suspicious : just hope that all the UI regressions seen with C7 will not be in it. So :

• Is The preferences ā€˜Appearance / Work areaā€™ page still here and functional witn all its features ?
  • Is the preferences ā€˜Appearance / Genralā€™ page still fully functional as with 6.5.4 ?
  • Is the project cursor still as it was and not whte masked ?
  • Are the R/W automation buttons in the FX/Group tracks still behaving normally as they were before C7 ?
  • Does the Overview line still have a normal background and not the C7 flashy white one ?
  • Are the resources used comparable to C6.5.4 ?
  • is the projects loading time still the same as C6.5.4 ?

Thanks for any precisionsā€¦

Excellent news!

Thanks for letting us know. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the news. :smiley:

And this will be the last update for C6.5, correct? :question:

And Helge, this will happen in my lifetime? :slight_smile:

Itā€™s probably too late to ask for this option but, I hope we can get all the nice ā€œprogramming fixesā€ without committing to the new synths. My version doesnā€™t have them, I donā€™t want them on my system to be honest, but I sure would like to have most/all of the remaining little niggles fixed.

Next time, please release 7.5.5 first before you release Cubase 8.

:laughing: