Waiting for C6.5.5 update.

I refuse to pay a second time to fix things that were broken by SB themselves.

Supplying a non-working product and then requesting extra money to make it work as advertised is questionable business practice.

I already paid good money for version 6.00 and then grudgingly had to pay $50 extra for 6.50 just to get bugs fixed that were introduced by SB themselves in 6.00. I refuse to do that again!

If I buy a new TV that is faulty right out of the box, I don’t expect to have to pay extra to have the faults fixed. But that’s what I’ve effectively now done with cubase. Now, if the TV repair man that I hire then ruins my carpet while fixing the TV, who should pay for the carpet? Me again? What a joke!

They broke the effing software, they should fix the effing software!

:smiley:

No, from me as well - I’ll stay where I am if the update doesn’t appear.

As mentioned, the current issues in 6.5 don’t really affect me, so I wouldn’t pay for bugfixes.
Steinberg never charged for bugfixes though, so I don’t see them do it now.

Is it not possible to drag Curve VST into 6.5 or have they hardwired it into 7?

Just to be clear, I am not talking about paying for bug fixes either. Just talking about paying for some of the features of C7 while keeping the C6.5 basic look.
I agree that bug fixes should never be paid for. Of course, there are some things that aren’t really bugs but more like unpopular design changes. The best example of this is when the comping and lanes changed in one of the early C6 versions and then the new comping tool came out on the paid update to C6.5.
J.L.

And still we wait…
{‘-’}

Anyone around long enough to remember SX3’s promised last update?

SX3, C4, C5, C6, C6.5 left broken, for those haven’t been around long enough to remember.

You just want Cubase 7 without that darn mixer :mrgreen:

I don’t think he is the only one :slight_smile: .

If they reverted, they could call it “Cubase Classic” :sunglasses:
J.L.

Waiting too!

by Helge Vogt » 30 Apr 2013 11:26

So where is the announcement?

I’d guess that all hands are at the Cubase 7 pump.

Aloha m, Great idea soooo…
after reading your post I tried really hard but still
I could not find a way to use the Voxengo plug from C7 in C6.

Maybe “soon” is actually a German word, which means “far off in the distant future” (?)

Oh I never tried.
I knew it would be too easy for them to let us do that. :sunglasses:

People would be running Retrologue in SX!!

Seems to work if you drag it to the common files vst3 folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3

:question:

:bulb:

it- .dll file? Just one? Or …?

:exclamation:

:mrgreen: