Watch Folders: If my batch processor redirects output?

I am exploring how to add Watch Folders into my workflow and I am a tad confused on exactly what happens to my batch processor templates and what specifically happens to my files - placed within a Watch Folder - if the batch processor used - actually redirects it’s output files to a totally different directory.

Currently - I voice and edit my voiceovers in WL. I have long wanted to break free of recording them directly into WL - but I have stayed with WL due of the excellent abilities of WL Batch Processor to output my files exactly where I need them to go. For example…

If I did a new VO session in WL today - my directory structure is such that I separate by month-year and then by client AND then by session date - so in this example - I would save this new take as a mono wav file to a directory structure as follows:

R:\Voiceover\Production\07-2014\TestCompany\07-10-2014

The filename will be VO1.wav

When I am ready to create the deliverable (MP3) in this case - I would run this file into my standard “Voiceover - 128K Mono” batch processor" - which has a number of unique attributes. The one that really matters to me is what’s in the Output section. Here I have Output set to :Explicit Path + Source Folder (3 Levels). My explicit path is entered to the right and it is:

\SERVER\Bruce\Client Files.

So when the session file from the example is run through this processor - we end up with the following:

Source: R:\Voiceover\Production\07-2014\TestCompany\07-10-2014\VO1.wav
Dest: \SERVER\Bruce\Client Files\07-2014\TestCompany\07-10-2014\VO1.mp3

Questions on Watch Folders:

1. Could a Watch folder be set to R:\Voiceover\Production\07-2014 to handle all my July Conversions?
  2. How many Watch Folders can I set up at one time?
  3. If I can setup a folder to handle multiple files dumped into it within a given month - how does WL know which files have been done and which have not?
  4. And the biggie - after viewing the Wavelab 8.5 Videos on Watch Folders - I immediately noticed that the Watch Folder process creates an “Output” subfolder - (inside the Watch Folder) which is exactly what I do not want with the respect to my example above.

I do not want all my July work being dumped into a folder called Output within the R:\Voiceover\Production\07-2014 folder. I want the resulting MP3s to be redirected to the destination specified in the Output tab of the batch processor.

I am hoping that if one leaves the Output section of Batch Processor blank - the Watch Folder process then creates the Output subfolder and places the files there. And if the Batch Processor selected actually has an Output specified - the Watch Folder process will respect that custom path (as If have outlined above).

Appreciate any comments from PG or the field.

Cheers!

VP

1. Could a Watch folder be set to R:\Voiceover\Production\07-2014 to handle all my July Conversions?

Yes. The output of a watch folder is defined by the batch processor. For instance, simply set:
2014-07-11_06-02-58.png

1. How many Watch Folders can I set up at one time?

No limit

1. If I can setup a folder to handle multiple files dumped into it within a given month - how does WL know which files have been done and which have not?

A watch folder treats all the files you give it. If you give it a file only once, it will process it only once. If you give the same file 2 weeks later, it will process it again.

1. And the biggie - after viewing the Wavelab 8.5 Videos on Watch Folders - I immediately noticed that the Watch Folder process creates an “Output” subfolder - (inside the Watch Folder) which is exactly what I do not want with the respect to my example above.

The answer is given in my point #1. If you do so, no “Output” folder will be created.

Philippe

This suggests that a source file will or can not remain in the watch folder after processing… I think this is not what VP is after. Or maybe there are options there too?

This suggests that a source file will or can not remain in the watch folder after processing… I think this is not what VP is after. Or maybe there are options there too?

This is an option: a source file is whether kept in a “Source” folder that is automatically created once the file is processed, or the source file is deleted after processing. The first option is the default.

BTW, you can drop entire tree hierarchies and that will be recreated.

PG,

Thanks for the update. I tried this out using my standard 128 mono batch processor and it worked - okay. I am now struggling with how my files are placed on the “delivery” side.

When I use WL proper to handle ALL the conversions internally - in that I am voicing in WL and then converting from it - everything works great because I can have 14 different VO files open - files that are saved in all sorts of places in my “production” structure - are rendered correctly with the specific output on the Batch Processor (Explicit Path + Source Folder (3 Levels) Path = \SERVER\Bruce\Client Files.

Example:

Now - I tried to make:

R:\Voiceover\Production\07-2014

Into a watch folder and it failed miserably. A typical VO day here might look like this - 3 sessions scheduled for multiple clients folders - all nested under 07-2014 like this:

07-2014\Client1\07-11-14
07-2014\Client2\07-11-14
07-2014\Client3\07-11-14

When I record directly in WL - my “session” take is one long file to start with - complete with mistakes, retakes and so on. This is saved to a separate directory for each day of each month in a folder called Session Files. These long file are saved as is with no edits whatsoever.

When I create final audio for each client from a session - I simply highlight the section of audio that applies to that client and press SHIFT+C - which creates a new audio file. I then save that file to it’s session date folder (07-2014\Client1\07-11-14) in WAV format and name it.

But - I found that as soon as save that file to it’s session date folder AND the parent 07-2014 folder is already set as a Watch Folder - it starts to render immediately - prior to me having a chance to actually edit the file.

Also - more importantly - when I tested this yesterday - WL immediately generated this error message - which was very confusing:
WL Watch folders error.png
I can see the actual wav file having already been saved - but WL is clearly not seeing it as a .WAV file - rather a .$$$ file? Comments?

Some general errors on observations on Watch Folders.

1. Looks like I am going to have to find a better way to redirect output via my batch processor (different folder/path structure) or alter my delivery workflow - because I do not believe I can maintain my standard

month\Client Name\Date

structure using Watch folders. I can’t have files being rendered before work on them is even started :slight_smile:

1. The fact that I have to now have to manually “copy” all finished WAVS into the Watch folder - to get them to render - is a time waster and annoying. All my final masters must be retained and I cannot have the actual real files ending up in a “sources” folder month after month.

2. Then there is the non-ability to edit the watch folder destination via the tray icon. This is a huge hassle if you just have the process running and not WL. If you need to change the folder - you then need to fire up WL - then claw your way over to the Batch Processor module and finally to the tiny Watch folders icon to actually make changes.

Errors:

1. WL “crashed” when I shut down my workstation for the night last night - something about an instance of Wavelab could not close correctly etc etc. I suspect this was the Watch Folders process running in the background - and suddenly being unable to deal with the standard Windows shutdown sequence.
  2. The previous mentioned .$$$ error was odd - considering the file was saved as a WAV file already.

Appreciate any commentary - and espeically workflow ideas on how others will use Watch folders in a production workflow. I think I need some fresh eyes on my workflow to make this work properly.

Cheers,

VP

When you use the “Save as” function, WaveLab first create a temporary file (.$$$ extension), then rename it at the end. If this operation takes a bit of time, the watch folder system fails on this file, and you see the error message you have attached. This is something to fix for next update 8.5.20.

The watch folder system was primarily optimized to process already existing files. The watch folder system was intensively tested, but I admit your case was omitted. But if you use the Render function (instead of “Save As”), from the Master Section, there is no problem like this.

Also, the concept behind watch folders, is to have some steady configuration that you don’t change often, something to simplify your life: “you drop some file there, and you know where to find the result” (this is why the Output sub-folder is the recommended option). If you need to change often the destination of files, outside of the watch folders, then the watch folders are maybe not what you need.

Excellent!

Will try that as well.

Well - in terms of “steady” I can not think of anything that I have changed less than my batch processors. I have been using the same set of batches for 5 years now - and as long as I am working within WL itself - they are golden.

However - I have a need to move my actual VO recording/editing work over to Studio One here shortly and the concept of uising Studio One for editing BUT being able to send my renders from there to a WL Watch Folder - is very appealing. This allows me to use any audio tool I want - but have a perfect consistent output via my match processors.

However - in a case like mine where I render a file - but need the converted version sent to a specific file/folder structure (rather than a static “output” folder) has been sadly underserved in this design.

The Watch folder should only use the static Output folder if no redirection whatsoever is present in the Batch Processor Output section. Other wise - if a specific output is required - the Watch Folder should honor the actual Output parameters of the Batch processor AND honor the orginal file path of the file being sent to the Watch Folder.

Example: Without watch folders - if I do this in WL8.5:

and batch it from within WL (using Explicit Path + Source Folder (3 Levels) - I get exactly what I want:

However - If I take the same file - and stick it in a Watch folder called Conversion (Since I cannot have my actual 07-2014 parent folder being watched) - The Batch Processor does something completely different. If the source is

R:\Voiceover\Production\07-2014\TestCompany\07-10-2014\VO1.wav

I end up with

\SERVER\Bruce\Client Files\Production\07-2014\Conversion\VO1.mp3

With the batch processor Output set to (Explicit Path + Source Folder (3 Levels) WL is taking the 3 folder levels of where the Watch folder is located - rather than where my rendered final file is sitting - making this unusable as it stands.

The Watch Folder concept (as I see it) SHOULD allow me to watch a folder like 07-2014 BUT have the batch processor fire out conversions based on what the subfolder structure looks like AND what custom paths are notated in the Batch Processor itself - rather than forcing me to create a Conversion folder and then drop everything to it. Not only am I duplicating all my masters - but I have to drag and drop everything manually - which defeats the purpose of any automation.

Watch Folders - should BE the automation. If a parent like

R:\Voiceover\Production*07-2014* is being watched

and there are three subfolder paths - each with a file in it:

**07-2014\Client1\07-11-14**VO1.wav
**07-2014\Client2\07-11-14**VO2.wav
**07-2014\Client3\07-11-14**VO3.wav

And the batch processor associated with the Watch has an output set to = Explicit Path + Source Folder (3 Levels)

The Watch Folder/Batch Processor tandem should produce:

\SERVER\Bruce\Client Files\07-2014\Client1\07-11-14\VO1.mp3
\SERVER\Bruce\Client Files\07-2014\Client2\07-11-14\VO2.mp3
\SERVER\Bruce\Client Files\07-2014\Client3\07-11-14\VO3.mp3

In my opinion - Watch Folders should produce the identical output as would result from any audio file being manually batched from within WL itself.

Furthermore - any “watched folder” should be able to act upon ANY incoming WAV files (as in this example), leave the original file alone - in it’s original spot and simply create the converted copy - and place it based upon the output setting of the associated batch processor being called.

You say : “You drop some file there, and you know where to find the result” makes no sense if the Batch Processor being used - has it’s own custom output placement like Explicit Path + Source Folder (3 Levels).

The Watch Folder concept - as is - is not really “watching” anything - it is an entity unto itself - acting as a standalone container that moves master files after processing - while passing it’s own paths to the Batch Processor - rather than honoring the real path of the files I need to convert (my real save location).

I think this has the potential to be really powerful and maybe I am going about it wrong - but I think any manual intervention like having to drag and drop files onto a static “Watch” folder is more 1999 in concept than 2014.

Would love to hear how others with professional client based workflows are integrating this and actually getting work down with it.

VP

If I follow your example correctly, with the watch folder, you could achieve what you want by copying:

07-2014\TestCompany\07-10-2014\VO1.wav
and not simply
VO1.wav

That is, you copy a set of sub-folders into the watch folder. In that case, the watch folder system knows what sub-folders you want to recreate.

However - in a case like mine where I render a file - but need the converted version sent to a specific file/folder structure (rather than a static “output” folder) has been sadly underserved in this design.

There are some possibilities, however. But as this becomes more specialized, this needs more tweaking. I am speaking here about XML files.
Instead of copying an audio file to a watch folder, you can copy an XML file.In this XML file, the path to the source audio file, and optionally to the output folder, can be specified.
This means you have full control. But you need to provide the (small) XML files.

Tried this - not quite there. If I set a new Watch Folder (R:\Convert)

and then drop

07-2014\TestCompany\07-10-2014\VO1.wav

into it - I end up with:

\SERVER\Bruce\Client Files\Convert\07-2014\TestCompany\07-10-2014\VO1.mp3

Again - the Watched Folder (“Convert”) feels the need to stick itself into the Path - which is not what I want

If I could get:

\SERVER\Bruce\Client Files\07-2014\TestCompany\07-10-2014\VO1.mp3

I would be thrilled :slight_smile:

Sounds awesome to me.

VP

I would be thrilled

It’s possible. Simply select “Explit path” (no Source folder option), and write anywhere you like outside the watch folder. In that case, the “Convert” (to take your example), is not reused.

Good thread - interesting read; great input/insight/detail from Bruce, taking the time to outline in some depth, his workflow. And nice to note from PG, there are still more tweaks to this new functionality to come…!

Can I quickly suggest though, whilst its fresh, that something of all this be noted as additional (advanced…? other real-world…?) example in an update to the manual, for others to benefit… (which as you note PG, probably isn’t explained there yet).

Me…? My use of WL is only ever lightweight - with some basic CD mastering and single/remix/compilation work, dotted throughout the year. In fact, WL is well over the top for what I do, but its just been there with me through the updates, which I haven’t minded in the slightest paying for along the way… :wink:

The v8.5 is planned for me here, in August/September; looking forward to this ‘Watch Folder’ facility.

Regards,
Bob

Old thread but an update!

This week I made point of trying to get Watch Folders working for me again and finally Success! I finally took abut a hour to play around with this function and can report I am finally getting the proper output to the proper location!

Now some questions for PG…

1. I see that I cannot have a single Batch Processor function work with multiple Watch Folders. What do I do if I want to set up 3 or 4 or 5 watch folders? Is the solution to create separate batch processors (with the same criteria) and then create a Watch Folder for each?

2. Is it possible to “delay” the processing until such time as I am ready to run it? Or better yet - have it do nothing until I tell it to run. Like a command on the tray icon that says “Run now”?

I am finding in my new workflow with Studio One - that when I drop a wav file into the drop zone - the Process converts it so fast that I do not even have time to audition the file in Studio One. Would be nice to be able a specific longer interval (5 minutes etc) or a complete hold until ready - to allow time to properly audition finished material.

1. Any plans to allow us to “edit” the Watch folder parameters from the tray icon instead to having to open Wavelab all the time. Or - better yet - when one does click “Open Wavelab” from the tray icon - the program at least starts the Batch Processor workspace so we can get to making Watch Folder changes quicker?

2. Any plans to ever make the Batch Processor module - a standalone tool? For those of us who value really good batch processing (over full blown mastering or stereo editing) I would be the first in line to buy such a tool if it were available.

Now that I have this finally working - after a year and half - I must say - it’s a pretty cool function.

Appreciate any updates from PG :slight_smile:

Happy Holiday.

VP

1. I see that I cannot have a single Batch Processor function work with multiple Watch Folders. What do I do if I want to set up 3 or 4 or 5 watch folders? Is the solution to create separate batch processors (with the same criteria) and then create a Watch Folder for each?

I don’t see the point of having different watch folder doing the same processing. For what purpose?

1. Is it possible to “delay” the processing until such time as I am ready to run it? Or better yet - have it do nothing until I tell it to run. Like a command on the tray icon that says “Run now”?

It is possible (in the parameters), to say the day time when processing should that. For instance to make the conversions at night. But there is no delay apart his. If you don’t want to process immediately, why copying the file in the watch folder at all?

1. Any plans to allow us to “edit” the Watch folder parameters from the tray icon instead to having to open Wavelab all the time. Or - better yet - when one does click “Open Wavelab” from the tray icon - the program at least starts the Batch Processor workspace so we can get to making Watch Folder changes quicker?

What parameters are you speaking about?

1. Any plans to ever make the Batch Processor module - a standalone tool? For those of us who value really good batch processing (over full blown mastering or stereo editing) I would be the first in line to buy such a tool if it were available.

No such plan. You already have everything in WaveLab, I don’t see the interest of making a product that is part of it.

Well - This thing is called Watch FOLDERS (plural) - so I must be able to create multiple watch folders - or am I missing something here?

Ideally I would like to have 6 watch folders set up and have them run against a single batch processor that redirects my files to the location I require. But you will not allow us to have a single batch processor to have 3 or 4 or 6 watch folders - I know because it error-ed out.

But let’s talk real world - let’s take the first client I need to prepare files for today…here is the path for their Dec 2015 work on my M (Media) drive:

M:\Client A\12-2015

Inside this folder are subfolders representing the deliverables for each day in December I work for this client:

Example - if I have a session today for client A - I would create (manually) a folder called 12-03-2015 and dump the scripts and stuff in there - giving me the following folder structure…

M:\Client A\12-2015\12-03-2015

Now - I have just M:\Client A\12-2015 portion of that structure set up as a Watch Folder and I have a basic Batch processor running against that folder that uses these specific “Output”" parameters:

Explicit Path + Source Folder (3 Levels)
Path = \SERVER\Client Files\

So when I complete tonight’s work in Studio One and start dropping files into the target “12-03-2015” folder - the watch folder process sees these WAVs coming in and nicely turns them into this:

\SERVER\Client Files\Client A\12-2015\12-03-2015\Spot A.mp3
\SERVER\Client Files\Client A\12-2015\12-03-2015\Spot B.mp3
\SERVER\Client Files\Client A\12-2015\12-03-2015\Spot C.mp3

etc etc…Which is exactly what I need. It’s a beautiful thing.

But - you know where I am going with this - I have 5 other clients - with work to be completed for December?

M:\Client B\12-2015
M:\Client C\12-2015
M:\Client D\12-2015
M:\Client E\12-2015
M:\Client F\12-2015

When I do a VO session - I may have 1 spots for Client A, 2 spots for Client B and so on. ALL the spots need to be done in a single session so I will need to dropping completed WAV files to different locations. (aka Watch Folders)

So per above - I either need one “Batch Processor” session that allows 6 different Watch Folders to be attached (which you do not allow) OR I need 6 Watch Folders - each with their own (duplicated) batch processor that does the identical output redirections as the Client A example - so I get nice stuff like this:

\SERVER\Client Files\Client A\12-2015\12-03-2015\Spot 1.mp3

\SERVER\Client Files\Client B\12-2015\12-03-2015\Spot 2.mp3
\SERVER\Client Files\Client B\12-2015\12-03-2015\Spot 3.mp3
\SERVER\Client Files\Client B\12-2015\12-03-2015\Spot 4.mp3

\SERVER\Client Files\Client C\12-2015\12-03-2015\Spot 5.mp3

\SERVER\Client Files\Client D\12-2015\12-03-2015\Spot 6.mp3

\SERVER\Client Files\Client E\12-2015\12-03-2015\Spot 7.mp3

\SERVER\Client Files\Client F\12-2015\12-03-2015\Spot 8.mp3

So that is why I need 6 different watch folders doing the same processing. If you allowed a single processor to have Multiple Watch Folders connected - I would not have an issue. But you do not.

Because I want to listen back to the file with the FX printed to it BEFORE I MP3 it. And to make sure levels are fine, nothing is cut off etc. You know - standard stuff before creating the “shipping” MP3. Would be nice to have a tiny bit of control on this - not 10 ms…which is a tad too fast in my book.

I may want to change to the drop zone or change the processor parameters. Right now - If I right click on the icon and choose Open Wavelab - it opens to a useless workspace (Audio file for me) and then I have trudge through the controls to get to the Batch Processor workspace to finally make changes.

It would be awesome if - when I right click on the Watch Folders icon and choose Open Wavelab - that Wavelab actually OPENS into the Batch Processor workspace associated with the Watch Folder.

Unfortunate. Some people probably do see value in not having to spend 600 dollars on a editor they may not need just to get the killer batch functionality that you do offer. No biggie for me as I am all in.

Look forward to any suggestions you may have to solve my multi client file redirect challenge from above :slight_smile:

VP

Well - This thing is called Watch FOLDERS (plural) - so I must be able to create multiple watch folders - or am I missing something here?

Of course yes. What I mean, is that there is no sense to create a watch folder eg. in C:\MyStuff\Watch1 and C:\MyStuff\Watch2, and have the exact same processing (batch processor) assigned to both.
The philosophy behind watch folders, is to have steady folder locations and processings. Something you can use anytime with a specific purpose, “without thinking about settings”.

You speak about different destination. This means, different batch processors. Even if they have the same processing plugins. You could use Batch Processor templates maybe.

If you need to change often the destination locations, maybe only rely on batch processors rather than watch folders.

Side Notes:

• a single watch folder can have multiple batch processors
  • for advanced usage: insteading of dropping an audio file, you can drop a XML file that contains the path to the source file, and its destination.

It would be awesome if - when I right click on the Watch Folders icon and choose Open Wavelab - that Wavelab actually OPENS into the Batch Processor workspace associated with the Watch Folder.

I agree this would be good to have. However, there is a single Tray icon while there could be several watch folder runnings (hence, which one to focus on?)

Because I want to listen back to the file with the FX printed to it BEFORE I MP3 it. And to make sure levels are fine, nothing is cut off etc. You know - standard stuff before creating the “shipping” MP3. Would be nice to have a tiny bit of control on this - not 10 ms…which is a tad too fast in my book.

I would not go for such a solution, because this is an open door to various trouble cases. For instance, you open the file in WaveLab while it is in the watch folder. And forget to close it before the “5 min delay”, then the watch folder processing might not work properly, because the source file can’t be moved or deleted (because opened in WaveLab).
Therefore, the recommended workflow is: you render outside the watch folder, then do all your checkings, then finally drop the file to the watch folder.
Another solution: you check your file after the watch folder rendering, as the source file is still existing and moved to another older (optionaly).

Trust me - I want to set and forget. But I need to “set and forget” 6 of them. They will never change and they will always do the same thing. Convert to MP3 and redirect.

Actually no. The “watch” actions that I require - are identical for 6 parent folders. Each “watch” is identical - convert to MP3 then move the file using Explicit Path + Source (3 Levels) out to \SERVER\Client Files.

But it looks like I need to create 6 batch processors - all with identical MP3 and redirect commands. What is a Batch Processor template - and how would I use that in this case?

That would defeat the purpose of this since it would require me to convert everything by having to open Wavelab. I am moving to Studio One for all main work and simply need the Watch Folders to do the conversion and folder placement for me. I do not wish to create all my wavs and then trudge back into Wavelab and manually load up Batch Processors to get my files.

Good to know. Will never use XML as that would require editing the file for every session, manually typing paths etc etc…

Your tray icon needs to be able to show a small reference to each Watch folder that is active. Right click and have a small flyout menu there. When a user clicks on the M:\CLient A\12-2015 folder - Wavelab opens to the Batch Processor workspace to show the parameters of that Watch folder.

Not a good solution when the folder I am sending my work to - is being “watched”.

This is what I am doing now. Not exactly timely but workable.

It is too bad that Watch Folders do not have an option to “Leave the file alone” after processing. Do not delete and do not move it to the Sources folder. This would reduce folder clutter and keep my structures the way I want them - not adding numerous Sources folders all over the place.

Maybe consider having Wavelab write a small log (or xml) file of it’s own at the “last” level of the Watch Folder path to keep track of what it has processed.

If the Watch folder full path is M:\CLient A\12-2015 - a file called ProcessLog.xml (or similar) could reside in the 12-2015 folder (it could even be a read only - hidden file) -for WL exclusive use to keep track of all targets that have been processed. I know this is possible since you already include an option to write a detailed HTML log after each conversion pass is done. And you must be doing something to track processed files if I choose the Delete option after processing.

This would go a long way to keeping the folder structures clean.

Appreciate the time as usual.

Cheers!

VP

What is a Batch Processor template - and how would I use that in this case?

In File > Export
You can save a batch processor as a reference. And when you want to create a new one, you use the function “New from…”

Maybe consider having Wavelab write a small log (or xml) file of it’s own at the “last” level of the Watch Folder path to keep track of what it has processed.

This is already possible. See the watch folder settings.

It is too bad that Watch Folders do not have an option to “Leave the file alone” after processing.

This won’t happen. This would prevent reprocessing the same file when needed. And would clutter the watch folder.

Concerning your request for a longer delay, this delay, as you might know, can be set in the watch folder settings. But it can’t exceed 10 sec.
I will consider increasing this value.

This response makes no sense since creating a “Sources” folder is already cluttering my folder structure. I am much more comfortable with a “processlog.xml” file sitting in a folder that I created rather that having WL decide where my work goes (moving it to Sources - which is a hassle)…or deleted outright - which is massively destructive.

Seems that this function has not been designed with respecting established internal workflows, file and folder compliance, security and so on.

If WL is to be used in a pro environment where standards will exist (like not creating folders on any server drive that is not part of the overall business schema) - the app needs to address these and be more flexible.

Awesome!

Appreciate your time.

VP

Seems that this function has not been designed with respecting established internal workflows, file and folder compliance, security and so on.

I would not say so. The watch folder concept is used is various industries, such as video rendering and PDF creations. And I don’t remember any option to leave the file in place, once processed. The file being removed (moved or deleted), is the standard to say “the file has been processed”.
The watch folder is in no case “a storage folder”.

I realize that there are many different Watch Folder concepts. But natural tendancies (at least mine anyway) are have extraneous processes leave the actual “work files” (the most valuable deliverable) alone.

Oddly - you have this concept very clear if I work right inside Wavelab. I voice my work, I edit my wav file - I then pass that final wav to the Batch processor workspace inside of WL - and it does it’s thing.

It creates my MP3 and redirects it to my specific folder structure and location. But most importantly - the Batch Processor does not touch my original WAV, does not change it or create any extra junk like folders after it has done it’s thing.

While I understand “why” you think you need this Source folder etc - you should have designed this in such a way so that if WL needs to track watch folder history or what it has processed - it stores that info somewhere central to where Wavelab can find it. Or in better yet - in a folder that I specifically designate as “watch folder” history.

You give us all sorts of options to store “peak” files where we want or temp files where we want - but you feel it’s correct to just casually start adding “sources” folders all over the place and not ask how I feel about it?

It goes without saying that I should be able to control my environment my way - and if I do not want extra folders laying around - that should be my call to make.

VP