WaveLab 8.5 x64 weird crashing

I kinda thought that was it. I noticed the Win 10 had also “updated” Onedrive to a newer version as well when I logged on yesterday.

However - I do not believe I have any workspaces that have the File Browser “open”.

Also - how “soon” is soon with regards to a patch?

VP

Also - how “soon” is soon with regards to a patch?

I should know more after the WE.

Thanks!

VP

Thought I was going crazy, did spend 2 hours on this yesterday.
I’ll have to install 32bit again then, in order ro start 64bit
Using 32bit is not an option as all my plugs are 64 now for a very long time.
Will the patch be out next week? If so i rather defer my agenda as I’m out most of next week and install next weekend.
My system is clean and running 100% untill this came up, adding unessecary versions of software and 32 bit libraries does mot have my preference.

• windows 7 pro here
  • file browser was not opened in Wavelab
  • i have OneDrive installed
  • x86 version works
  • sometimes, i was able to run x64 version right after x86, not anymore …

I believe the fix will resolve issues both on Windows 7 and 10.

Thank you!

Same problem here.
WL 8.5.3 (64) chrashes at startup, unable to load any audiofile or montage

Interesting:
WL 8.0.3 (64) seems to work.

Yup, I’m having the same problem too post windows update on windows 10. Hopefully an update will come asap.

There will be a WaveLab patch this week, to solve this issue. This has to see with a Microsoft update of OneDrive.

Will there be an update to the Mac version with any notable improvements/bug fixes? Or is this a Windows only update?

Windows only update, to solve a compatibility problem with Microsoft OneDrive.

Noticed I’d been having crashes with WL 8.5.30 64-bit on Win 10, but running WL in admin mode seems to work.

i disabled onedrive and running it in admin mode and it works for me too!
thanks for the hint!

Thanks Guys - this crash at start-up on Win10 64bit got me tonight too.
I disabled OneDrive & WL still crashed.
Run WL as administrator and all is well.
Need it tomorrow so it’s a good thing I found this thread tonight !!

I’ve been having the same startup crash problem all week.
Pulling my hair out trying to find the problem.
I had just upgraded some of my hardware (MB, CPU, memory, SSD).
So thought it was caused by something I did with hardware or OS re-install.
Decided to try and download a fresh copy of Wavelab and at the same time checked the forum.
32 bit works OK and 64 bit doesn’t, just as reported.

We provide a solution soon. Just a matter of packaging it.
Did you try running WaveLab in administrator mode?

removed

This has now started to happen to me, and yes, there was a forced update to OneDrive which seems to have caused it. This is not funny. I don’t want OneDrive, I’ve never used OneDrive, I don’t intend to use OneDrive, and yet there doesn’t seem to be any way to uninstall it, or to uninstall the update that has caused this problem.

… and so it has come to pass. Everything the scaremongers warned about. Microsoft decide to make a change to my computer and in doing so, cripple an important application. I can’t undo the change, and I was given no warning it was going to happen.

Bring on WaveLab for Linux, I say.

I am heading back to Windows 7 ASAP after this debacle…

VP

I disabled OneDrive using Local Group Policy and now WaveLab 8.5.30 x64 is working again.

[EDIT:] Spoke too soon :angry: … now it’s crashing again, but this time it’s different, in that it’s an actual crash in nt.dll, whereas before the process stayed running in the background with no GUI appearing.

Luckily I was able to fall back on my WL Elements (8.0.4 x64) on my laptop (also W10x64) which doesn’t appear to be affected.