WaveLab Upgrades Are 40% Off (Until March 1st 2021)

Im happy for you ! But what about the ones that are having issues ? I just spent 6 hours with microsoft they told me they suspect wavelab is not compatible with windows latest update ! My case its been sent to tear2 for farther Analizing . You have to understand i i have Nuendo11 ’ cubase11 spectral layers’ and many other software aplications on my system but wavelab is the only program that has issues using the file explorer to import anything in to it. At least they are trying to help ! More than i can say about Steinberg!.

js4sabdig, please create another topic for your case, because it out of subject for the current thread.
And attach a link to a video and crash dump, else nothing can be done to try helping your particular case.

There might be something to what the poster in the German forum said about a startup problem with Wavelab 9.5, presumably in 12H2. (link below). I got the same thing twice today, just hanging on the startup window. Force quitting and restarting Wavelab worked. This seems new, probably with the latest 12H2 updates. Maybe too soon to tell, but possibly not a good sign for 9.5 and 12H2. Latest elicenser installed.

Wavelab 9.5 tot - Auf Deutsch / WaveLab - Steinberg Forums

On the other hand, if this was widespread I would think there would be more reports of it in the last few days. So I don’t know.

Windows 10 is a bit sensitive these days. End of last week, there was a Windows 10 update that caused the upper bar of some applications to be covered by a blank banner, making it impossible to use the menu of certain applications such as Google Chrome, Firefox, and… Cubase, WaveLab…
Today there was yet another update from Microsoft, that solves the problem!

Wow. That’s pretty amazing. The version I have right now, 20H2 19042.804 does now seem to be causing these startup hangs with Wavelab 9.5, (and 9.1 and 9.0 64 bit). Not every time, but most of the time, especially after first boot. But like the poster in the German forum described. What I found was when they are hanging on the startup logo, you can double click the logo and get the Windows “Wavelab is not responding” message, and from there select “close the program” and it does and reports it to Microsoft. After that, open Wavelab again, and it opens pretty normally, at least for the time being. I also tried disabling “logo on startup” in all 3 versions and found that prevented hanging forever completely. It sometimes did hang forever with logo enabled. So I think this has started affecting 9.5 now too, with this different problem. I haven’t gotten any blue screens but definitely not right startup hangs. Doesn’t happen with Wavelab 10 on the same machine.

Also I re-enabled logos after testing without logos successfully, and things seemed more back to normal even with logos enabled. Maybe just a coincidence or maybe the toggling made a difference (?)

When will there be a new discount?

1 Like