We want to have an update on AXR4T - dspMixFx 1.5

I have only one question,
I saw the new update for UR-C. A friend has that Soundcard and REV-X has a big breakthrough that I really like, I have a Steinberg AXR4T and I work with Windows 10 x64 and I wanted to ask if you will launch any updates for us who have AXR4T because the difference of VCM Plugins is significantly better and I am surprised by the sound of the update of the new VCM Plugins.

All the best
Ermal Krasniqi

2 Likes

Indeed, there will be an update for the AXR as well but I cannot provide a time frame for it unfortunately.

3 Likes

Whats different about the VCM plugins in the update?

I got the AXR4 recently and was surprised at how good the compressor276 was - especially considering how old it appears to be.

Hopefully they update it soon, it’s really silly that the AXR has to be assigned to something other than the main stereo output if you are using control room. The workaround is to assign it to a “dummy” unused buss, that is the only way it shows up in the track list if you have your stereo out disabled because you use control room. C’mon! :wink:

1 Like

Absolutely, this should be fixed ASAP…also if you route your track to anything other than the default stereo out then you have no access to the AXR hardware menu. I routinely have a separate main mix bus the everything get sent to apart from reference tracks etc but i can’t as that means no AXR control. Or if I’m multi micing a guitar/amp and then sending all mics to a bus , again the AXR menu is gone on those tracks if i need to go back and do a fix/overdub.

It’s a fantastic sounding unit, really is but it’s quite hard to understand why the cubase integration wasn’t thought about???

M

M

1 Like

Please remember the keep supporting the AXR users.
Loopback is still not working as expected, no matter who I spoke to at Steinberg tech support and other users. Please work on an update for us, top paying customers as well :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

2 Likes

Yep yep, same issue here and we’re top paying customers! In the meantime, if you buy a $200 Steinberg audio interface, all works, lots of updates and support! :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Fully agree. This is one of the “really?” bugs that is helping me to hold off on buying AXR4T. Does seem like a very basic mistake given that the unit is targetted at higher end users. Similarly, (although a bigger fix as it relates to the actual hardware) I also think the number of total outputs useable at once is a bit limited given that monitors and headphones eat into the 8 provided. Doesnt leave much for doing analogue summing while using monitors and 2 x headphones. Given the real estate space on the back would be nice to see a D25sub to allow for plenty of outs for routing etc especially on such a high end device. Alternatively a dedicated set of outs for monitors and headphones leaving all 8 for other purposes. Any way this could be achieved with an add on card via that interesting looking breakout panel on the back that seems largely unused? Sorry for the tangent - main point is to 100% agree with Norburys request!!!

1 Like

I’d like a dedicated set of monitor outputs too. I’ve got mine linked to a 828x via adat to give me the extra i/o

The routing to the output thing really doesn’t bother me that much because the dspmixFX is actually more convenient for me to use. Using the inspector I find fiddly.

Yes and Yes, AXR4 is the last to get an update, we’ve been begging for over a year to solve issues with it and get updates for Steinberg’s most expensive audio interface.

1 Like

This is the problem with buying expensive items from a company that is software based. Sometimes you get left hanging in the wind with a very expensive device that has little or no support.

It’s a great unit but the lack of updates is unfortunate. Also if you call Steinberg it’s hard to find someone who understands the unit.

1 Like

What the f man today new update for UR-C and for us who have AXR4 they dont care where is the problem @Ed_Doll what the problem man. @Steinberg_Service are you joking with us or what can anyone please explain ?

Hey mate, totally understand your frustration and it’s the reason why I don’t buy their hardware anymore but, PLEASE don’t use language like that on the forum!

I understand @SteveBee :pray:t2:.
The best way I think some things need to be changed. we as a customer do not deserve to be ignored. I do not allow anyone to ignore me and of course I do not allow a company like Steinberg where every month it launches an update for cards worth 200€ and for those that cost over € 2500 they do not even give an answer.

1 Like

Dear AXR users.

Of course we are completely aware that you are expecting to get an update for AXR4 after our release of the Version 1.5 for UR-C.

Actually we already started working on an update for the AXR4 based on the feedback of many users. The things that you raised in this post are definitely some of the main things we have identified to be improved.

Unfortunately a serious supply problem from a major semiconductor vendor has been affecting nearly all hardware development projects which turns out in a delay for these schedules.
So, please rest assured that we are completely aware of the necessary improvements and of the situation that you are expecting to receive a comprehensive update for some functions. We are working on that but due to the situation we can’t provide you with clear information about a potential schedule yet.

We ask for your understanding regarding the situation and will keep you posted about any new developments.

Best regards,
Stefan Schreiber

3 Likes

Was it a problem to give a better explanation like this.

1 Like

It is actually quite hard to understand why a hardware supply issue delays selectively software product support of the AXR4T. And reading after months of waiting that there is still no “clear” information “yet” about an even “potential” schedule, this is just not right… So, the only thing that got “clear” to me is that in future I also don’t want to invest into/support Steinberg products any longer. I have already switched recently from Cubase to Logic, after I haven’t got any reply to an official service request for 8 months… So, to spare frustration from others, I can just hope people will take note before buying and take into consideration that the quality of a product is only as good as its support.

2 Likes

Hey there, it’s been almost 6 months since your reply. Any update for us AXR4 users? any progress and at least an ETA for the dspMixFx 1.5 and solving loopback and limited routing issues?
Thanks so much :pray:

I can’t see dsp fx on a panel. I try to do everything. I have axr4t, win10 x64 system. Whats wrong with it? Can anyone explain?

have you installed yamaha advanced fx suite ?