We want to have an update on AXR4T - dspMixFx 1.5

I already figured out that the effects do not work at 384. From 44.1k to 192k they work.
But I still have a problem. I was able to upgrade my ax4t to 1.10 but cannot upgrade to 1.20, error during upgrade. I haver installed last tools. Win10x64, axr4t, asus prime deluxe x299 II

Hi Ed what’s the update? Making me concerned that you guys are already going to drop the AXR4T after just 2 years.

1 Like

It’s not going to be dropped, but I do not have any news for you at this point, unfortunately.

1 Like

Ed, what does it take for Steinberg to hear us, is there anything else you can suggest us to do other that writing here please? I’m also concerned that Steinberg will drop the AXR4 since there hasn’t been much happening with it for a long period of time.

I am not sure what to write except that we hear you and the AXR won’t be dropped. What does it take to make you believe us? :wink:
There is one advantage with the driver packages Yamaha uses: it’s usually one driver for many interfaces and we have dropped only very few interfaces over the last years. There is news on the roadmap for the AXR, I just cannot reveal any details yet.

2 Likes

An update is what it would take to make us believe it. So far, only empty promises.

When is the Thuderbolt drivers for AXR4T for Big Sur going to be released? The OS is more than 1 year old!

and on top of that it’s a year since the Apple M1 Developer kit came out to get everyone ahead of the game. Crazy that companies as large as Steinberg and Yamaha can be this disorganised. I have a Metric Halo 2882 interface too, obviously a different situation, but they’re a much smaller company and had all of their software and plugs working day 1.

what a disappointment not being able to use the audio card I have a Steinberg AXR4T because it is not yet compatible with the Big Sur and M1 processor of the Mac. my phone calls to Steinberg were without positive responses. This long wait is truly shameful. Tullio

With great respect to you Ed as I know you’re the messenger here. On the hardware front especially, only consistency in long term product support would return my trust in Steinberg. Too many good and fully functioning products dropped over the years with little to no explanation. Requests from users for updates ignored etc. So to simply say “what would it take to make you believe us?”, is a bit of strange statement considering how many users have been let down in this area. I for one, sadly can’t believe the promise.

Buyers like myself, are likely to never return to purchase hardware products from Steinberg again until that consistency I mentioned, examples such as RME, Metric Halo, MOTU, UA and several others is proved over time.

I’d suggest that if Steinberg want people to ‘believe’ such statements about current top of the line products, then Steinberg really need to put their money where their mouth is and provide continued support for older top of the line products as that would certainly help to restore some faith.

None of this is aimed at you directly Ed, peace :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Any updates on this? Or are all developers still busy on replacing the AKM parts? :slight_smile:
Recording - Mixonline

Unfortunately a serious supply problem from a major semiconductor vendor has been affecting nearly all hardware development projects which turns out in a delay for these schedules.

Hold up… did you just equate a software update delay based on semiconductor supply issues? Did that really just happen?

1 Like

Well, it’s not that unlikely that the software developers now need to work on implementing drivers for changed hardware components or similar.
Looks like the AKM AD / DA converters are no longer available on the market, so perhaps a major re-design is needed.

@Ed_Doll It’s been almost 2 years since the AXR4 was released. Any update from the development team for getting the (not so new anymore) dspMix? Looks like Steinberg is releasing updates and keep supporting the high-volume, cheap interfaces but not the High-end users.

Is there any light at all for us AXR4 owners at the end of the tunnel? anything at all?
Thank you,
Avli.

3 Likes

There is definitely light at the end of the tunnel and updates are in development. I cannot say anything on the time frames of potential releases yet, sorry.

4 Likes

So I recently purchased an RME ucxii unfortunately a fault developed and had to be returned after a month. couldnt get a replacement until Feb next year, I loved their mix software, particularly having delay effects as well as reverb for monitoring.

I was desperate for a high end sound interface with effects for monitoring so went with the AXR4U, I love the sound converters on it, I cant tell any difference between them and the RME.

Anyway now to my point…Im kinda amazed at how undeveloped the dspmix software is, it feels like Im in the year 1995, the look of it, the clunkyness of it is just really disappointing when spending this amount on it. Then i saw the updated UR-c units dspmix???

Come on steinberg…for the money there is no excuse.
As far as i can see you cant even copy and paste settings from the insert effects? can you?

Anyway Im verging on sending it back and waiting till Feb to get another RME.

3 Likes

Ed, I just spent a week with support having me run around in circles trying to get Loopback to work. Multiple back and forth where they tested, said it worked, I showed that it didn’t in videos. Then they admitted it didn’t work as I showed. Then provided a work around eventually. Which was to use, aiso4all. An asio driver that has performance issues and circumvents the Steinberg drivers.

It’s quite bothering to see such bad communication and lack of support for your top tier product. All other top tier interfaces work, out of the box, as expected. You enable loopback and you get audio looped back for the use within windows applications.

I am beyond frustrated with the lack of appreciation to my personal time spent on an issue, of which came back at the end to tell me all the time I spent troubleshooting with them was not needed because it’s working as intended. Using an external driver is what Steinberg stats is working as intended and wasted my time troubleshooting it anyway…

1 Like

I am sorry for this negative experience. Unfortunately, I cannot access any information you shared with the Yamaha US support team and thus have nothing to start with. I will send a private message in a minute.

What is going on with Steinberg? no support/revision/updates for AXR4, both firmware and software, tying a hardware piece to a software dongle? Really? and now the best i just built a new pc with top specifications and, Cubase problems all over with missing files,on a brand new clean install windows 10 pc, I gave Steinberg a chance with ARX4, biggest mistake in a long while, and now im losing business because I cannot load projects from other Systems because it is reporting random missing files issues every time, cubase freezes in search function, their own (Cubase) Venus Theory Demo track bdoesnt even load, same missing file crap, lost three days with this now and I’m angry, band record release date missed now…I did a complete clean install of everything three times now and it just wont work.

This is inaccurate. The problems you are having might be able to be solved if you post the details in a new topic.

There are many users successfully doing the actions you describe.