Sorry to post another issue to this thread. (PS should I be creating separate threads for the different issues?)
On Page 14 of the score, there is a section where the Clarinet 1 & 2 are in separate staves. I’ve solved that problem but my issue is:
When the staff label numbering style is set to “label each staff”, there is an issue with the space between the instrument abbreviation and the player number. I just quickly tried adjust another instrument and the same thing happens. To make it pretty, I need to “group between staves”.
I started looking at this. The Piccolo repeat is caused by your custom bracketing changes. Something went wrong. I deleted the bracketing change and tried to recreate it. I did not get the odd repeat bar, but not sure if I got your desired bracketing correct.
TIP: Use Groups in Setup mode to create your custom bracketing groups. Select the Instruments then click the Add Group icon. You can disable the Group names in Layout Options > Staves and Systems > Staff Labels.
Was this an XML import? I did a change instrument to Clarinet 1 choosing the same Bb Clarinet. The problem went away. XML imports always seem to do wonky things. I always do a change instrument to Dorico’s builtin instruments with XML imports. It seems a hassle but it prevents so… many problems down the road.
I am not sure about this one. Not sure it’s really possible. Will wait for Daniel’s response.
This fixed it. To be honest, I was screwing around with flows - trying to figure out the best workaround to export flows separately - and I’m almost positive that I imported this flow.
I’m not sure the groups would matter much for me? I want all the WW in one bracket so that I get one big time signature for them.
Am I correct, after researching the manual and on here, that I can’t automatically have sub-brackets for groups instead of brackets? Or a group within groups? eg Piccolo’s, Fl 1 and Fl 2 as a group within the WW
Player groups will give you better stability than Bracketing changes. They won’t be so easily messed up.
I believe sub-brackets are limited to instruments of the same type. So, Flute 1 & 2 should sub-bracket but not with Piccolo. You could try using a Flute for the Piccolo and using the Clef and Transposition override feature to change the transposition.
So, this funny abbreviated staff labels situation has happened again:
Take the flutes: I’ve tried changing the current instrument to another of the same kind eg changed the flute in Flute 1 to a flute again. I’ve tried creating brand new players eg created a Flute 3 and 4. No luck for either of them.
It’s not happening in the Bb Trumpets or the Trombones… go figure…
I’ve attached the project. I’m not sure but there is a 50/50 change this file was originally an XML… Demo.dorico (1.6 MB)
I seem to have figured out a fix:
Compare to Factory Settings
Import Staff Label Paragraph Style from Factory settings (any of the three Staff Label options imports them all…)