Welcome to the world of Live Performance – Welcome to VST Live

Dear everybody,

we are happy to announce the release of VST Live.

Make your live easier with VST Live, the ultimate live performance system. A unique, stable software solution, it is designed for musicians who want to put on a great show, including sound, lights and video, wherever you are. VST Live comes with a vast array of virtual instruments, sync features for your music, text and chord symbol displaying on other devices, video, Cubase import, MIDI tracks for direct DMX light control and much more.

Click here to find out more about VST Live.

7 Likes

This looks amazing. I just created a very complex live performance session in Cubase for my neo-classical group Abilene for some big upcoming shows. Ableton didn’t cut it, plus I know Cubase like the back of my hand. In my tests it has worked beautifully but VST Live just seems so streamlined and I assume will be more stable since it’s optimized for live performance. This seems to have everything we need. So excited to try it out.

3 Likes

Can you route any track to any output?

Can you make playlists??

I want to view some tutorials about this!!

Great job Steinberg!

Looks great!

Yes, yes, and tutorials in the making :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow,cool!!! Thanks!!!

Another cuestion,can you use 3d party instruments,plugins,etc??

… yes, VST Live supports 3rd party instruments and effects.

2 Likes

What does “Cubase import” actually mean?

1 Like

In Cubase File/Export you will find “Export to VST Live”. You create a list of tracks to export.
The counterpart in VST Live is “File/Import Media Project”, where you can decide to create Parts off the Cubase Arranger Track (if any), create a new project, or import into current Song (TRACKS).

2 Likes

I went straight out and bought it!

I too would love some kind of demo files or project files. And some YouTube demos perhaps?

Can I send MIDI change commands to my synth at the start of the Song or the start of a Part?

Yes, each Part.

1 Like

Does VST Live allow for multiple songs of tracks? How is this accomplished? Are they contained in the set list item?

Does it allow for tempo changes, gradual or jumped, within the track?

Does it output midi clock and external midi?

What do you mean? The Setlist contains multiple Songs, each of which can have multiple Tracks. Each Song has its own track view and track list.

Not yet, but planned soon.

Same, not yet but MTC, Midi Clock, and even LTC output will be available soon.

Any chance to get a version to test VST Live for a few days?

A trial will be available in august :slight_smile:

How does VST Live compare to Ableton Live 11 for actual live performance. Additionally, how does it compare as far as CPU usage? (PC Windows 10)

CPU usage is primarily down to CPU usage of plugins.

Is there really no Ableton link in VST Live???
Or did I miss that in the feature list?