What does cubase have that Studio one and logic doesn't

Hi…how can You made an A/B plugins comparison in cubase? thanx

You press the A/B button…? :astonished:

Thanks I didn’t know that. Do you know if there is a way to convert FXBs to Logic Library user presets? I have a program that can convert all my Cubase instrument presets to FXBs. It would be good to be able to port them over to Logic somehow? There are unfortunately thousands of them but I could maybe do the best hundred or so if there was a manual way of doing it?

Most virtual instruments have their own proprietary preset format these days. I have some saved presets for certain synths in their own format for when I’m using other DAWs but it’s a pain in the ass as it takes forever to load them in some synths. I assume I could save each one in Logic after it has been loaded the first time? That might be worthwhile for my own personal laptop.

Also, do you know if it’s possible to move Logic presets from one system over to another? With Cubase you can copy the whole VST Presets folder from one computer to another to keep them both up to date with my latest presets.

I use Logic mainly on projects for other studios, it would be good to be able have all my presets I made in Cubase in there if it was possible.

Unfortunately I’m not aware of a way to convert presets between formats.

For Kontakt presets, I used Keyboard Maestro to automatically cycle through and save presets from libraries.It saved a huge amount of time, even if it was a little fiddly to set up to begin with! The same method can be used with many VI’s depending on how well they interact with KM.

Yes, you can share Logic presets between computers. Either by copying them directly or syncing,

I sync using Dropbox and aliases. So my Logic presets are always up to date on my desktop and laptop.

I don’t understand…I mean, having 2 plugs in insert chain…For comparison you have to bypass one and listen the other, and viceversa…what a/b button?

That´s what you mean it is. A/B different settings of one plugin is what it is. Done with the A/B button in the plugin GUI.

It refer ti same plugin…I mean A B comparison with 2 different plugs

This is what I do:

• duplicate the track
  • put the B plugin on the duplicate
  • mute the A track and unmute the B track
  • select both tracks
  • press the “m” button to A/B

It seems like there should be a better way though. Not sure any DAWs do this as easily as I would like.

What does Cubase have that Studio One and logic doesn’t have ??? … Me as a customer :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

Thanks. Have you tried doing the reverse, using Keyboard Maestro in Cubase to save synth preset to their internal format? I can convert Cubase presets automatically to fxbs but not all virtual instruments can import fxbs.

No, I haven’t tried that way.