What new features are realistically expected in Cubase Pro 12?

Regarding to this Project > Automation Panel > Automation Settings > Reveal Parameter on Write.

I understand what you mean, to be honest I’m used to it working the way you describe, sometimes it works just by clicking on a parameter without moving it and sometimes it’s necessary to move it, but in fact the cursor has to be in motion… Personally it doesn’t bother me, and I don’t think it’s very relevant, but indeed it would be quite comfortable if it was like in Ableton Live, where you just need to click on the parameter you want to reveal, and it is not necessary to have the cursor in motion, so +1 for this idea.

1 Like

https://audioxpress.com/news/maat-licenses-linpro-oem-dithering-technology-to-steinberg-media-technologies

looks good, but with all those options, we will need a tutorial on how to use such a complex dithering, I have no idea what is the best configuration for each kind of music.

I’m a DAW hopper! As soon as there is no dongle required for demo-ing Cubase I’m going to try it. Since I’m already a Cubasis 3 user on iPad chances are good that I’m gonna consider switching over from Logic :slight_smile: I h8 Logic

1 Like

I hope also m4a import is added.
Moving track in mixer.
Inspector behaviour with more flexible preentation of elements and no half hiden faders.
Simple colour presets for easier sharing sets
Media bay rex tempo sync
Better cubase graphic contrast overall.
Ara melodyne still droping out on part start-end after tuning and problems with track versions when melodyne is active. Hope for improvements.
Cubase problem with closing.

1 Like

Why? :man_shrugging:

Oh yes, please!

I would really love to have ABLETON LINK in Cubase 12! :blush: :sunglasses: :heart:

ok i get it, yes it would be nice +1

I want Lua instead.

I’m Already working on an off-line scripting language to write/edit the PLE hex, macros and even generic remote. Anyone want to help reverse engineer the PLE Hex?

I mean, as soon as C12 drops. who knows, maybe they will give us Lua in lieu of PLEs or in addition to.

1 Like

To force lazy 3rd party developers to get back on the planet.

And for forum salt. :grinning:

4 Likes

Midi Modulators can be done effectively in other ways though. Bitwig should have added audio comping before Midi Modulators.

1 Like

I actually scrolled up to see what “Kurwa Mac” had said… Then realised they didn’t exist as a user… Then went to google…

Then I understood this post! haha :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That would be very nice if all developers whose plugins I use could be forced to do so.
Unfortunately, that will probably not be the case. For the big corporations like NI with a stable full of good programmers, that’s no problem.
But Steinberg already announced at the beginning of 2019 that support for VST2 would soon be discontinued.
There is a (partially) interesting discussion about this here: https://gearspace.com/board/steinberg-cubase-nuendo/1371220-steinberg-dropping-all-support-vst2.html

2 Likes

No, please … this little rounding fx makes the gui readable, for me. Parts are logical separated. A space between two “flatten” parts didn’t solve this … mess, sry. Like Studio One which is flatten, the gui is a mess for orientating., same to Live.

1 Like

You can import M4A files via the Spectralayers edition that’s included in the latest Cubase [Pro].

Interesting… how?

Thanks, nice, but almost everybody send to me demo songs recorded on phone so I would like to have it simple - drag from mailbox directly to track. Its waste of time.

Easy: Just open up the Spectralayers app, select “File Open” from the menu, load the M4A file you want to import, and then select "Export Audio of Project " from the File menu and save it as, say, a WAV file. You can then import that WAV file into Cubase.

Sure, it’s a few extra clicks (on the order of a few seconds), but it works. I agree though that it would be nice to have this natively integrated directly into Cubase!

Hm… I guess it’s true, but this is not at all the same as importing a file.

It’s the equivalent of using any of the multitude of other free programs that are able to convert the file. Some of which require fewer moves to do the thing.